Ignore armor

Started by Arcdelad, October 15, 2007, 10:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Looks like one of the new trends in incoming items is ignoring armor as a passive equip ability..check out these for example:

[wowitem]Bladeangel's Money Belt[/wowitem], [wowitem]Ancient Sin'dorei Longbow[/wowitem]

This really wouldnt do too much to a plate wearer or bear druid (unless it took away base armor and all its talent bonuses), but it could be huge against a clothie, especially if you combine it with faerie fire.

EDIT:

links arent working yet...try these links:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33474
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33211

Nixphire

New enchant coming out too, [wowitem]Enchanting: Enchant Weapon - Executioner[/wowitem] (occasionally ignore 840 armor)
Blue glow and neat swirly thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50JgoBw-vo

Arcdelad

theres actually a lot of ignore armor stuff out there...if that enchant procced and I had about 400-500 ignore armor in my gear, wouldnt that be like half or close of a clothies armor? (1300ish) that would mean an increase of 50% damage to that clothie..............yowza

Air

I think it's the melee version of spell penetration.  So it's more of a pvp stat than pve.  Just like spell penetration, the ignore armor stat will be just as useless in pve.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Nixphire

Quote from: Airplay on October 15, 2007, 11:33:09 AM
I think it's the melee version of spell penetration.  So it's more of a pvp stat than pve.  Just like spell penetration, the ignore armor stat will be just as useless in pve.
Spell penetration doesn't do anything if you don't have any kind of resistance setup in the first place. MotW or other such debuff. So Penetration would affect a target a lot less then cutting my armor down by half. Tho I don't believe having half of my armor would do twice as much damage. 1k armor would have like what? 10% damage mitigation? So that would be an improvment of dps around 5% or so maybe? (real bad math i'm sure)

Arcdelad

lol...thats true...

5% on a 4k ferocious bite is about 200 more damage...not too groundbreaking but not bad either i suppose...

Nixphire

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 15, 2007, 12:20:31 PM
lol...thats true...

5% on a 4k ferocious bite is about 200 more damage...not too groundbreaking but not bad either i suppose...
That's like half my life. You make me cry  :'(
But some how I still beat you in duels some times so I guess you can't crit what you can't hit. lol it rhymed

Arcdelad

lol...your a poet and you didnt know it

yeah...its tough being melee and having to catch up to a blinking, freezing gnome mage that makes oyu shift a lot....

Lord Entropy

It may have a little bit of utility in PvP, but not much.

Since these are PvE drops, I'm betting future content will have some high-armor mobs/bosses that would materially benefit from them.

Shadowwolf

I know a few bosses now who have a ton of armor. Attumen is definitely one, he takes forever to die even with tons of DPS.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Buzan

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 15, 2007, 03:21:15 PM
lol...your a poet and you didnt know it

yeah...its tough being melee and having to catch up to a blinking, freezing gnome mage that makes oyu shift a lot....

A well timed blink can be the difference between a good story or a tearful eulogy.

usonian

Not sure if someone has linked to this yet, but MMO champion has the Arena S3 gear up as well as a ton of 2.3 info: http://www.mmo-champion.com/#post_aprice

Looks like all the melee sets are getting ignore armor stats.  The warrior for example gets 3 pieces with 84 ignored armor each.  252 less armor on any target is going to help in PvP and PvE.

Arcdelad

are you kidding me? can you make druids look any worse blizzard? lets see....wearing a dress? check...stupid bird hat? check...feathers strategically placed througout? check...oh...look..exposed chest.....now i have to shave my legs AND my chest?

well...could be worse...we could have to wear that mage helm....thats just cruel blizz....

buz...
QuoteA well timed blink can be the difference between a good story or a tearful eulogy.
Well said :)

Vengeance

Blizz just took away ferals from arenas i think...there isnt any +healing on those gears....

Jilinna

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 16, 2007, 10:21:33 AM
are you kidding me? can you make druids look any worse blizzard? lets see....wearing a dress? check...stupid bird hat? check...feathers strategically placed througout? check...oh...look..exposed chest.....now i have to shave my legs AND my chest?

well...could be worse...we could have to wear that mage helm....thats just cruel blizz....

ROFL  :P

Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO