AQ drop

Started by Jandris, November 10, 2006, 09:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jandris

I tend to read alot since I am a complete & total noob. (One of these days I hope to advance to semi-noob) I was checking to see if any of the stuff that dropped in AQ was rep related. I discovered that armored chitin DE's into either scarab bags or vermillion idols. Is this true? Has anyone tried to DE these? If it works it would be a great way to increase our collection of scarabs. Here is where I found the info : http://www.thottbot.com/?i=52456

Emmalina

The "Count" column next to the drop percentage shows how many times Thottbot's in-game add-on has seen this DE. I would guess, based on it only having seen this happen 2 times and 1 time respectively, that it's most likely an error in the data. There are some other weird ones on there, like Herbs disenchanting into weapons and such, so some of Thottbot's, Allakhazam's, and others' data needs to be sifted through to find the real stuff. However, there is something you can do with the Chitins, although I'm not sure it's the gray pieces that drop. Something with Brood of Nozdormu rep I want to say, but again, I'm not positive.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Arcdelad

really? Ive been thinking of ways to get brood rep other than killing AQ bosses...

Shadowwolf

There are actually Grey BOP items that drop in AQ20. In all the runs ive done, ive seen them drop 1 time and I honestly do not remember what the name of it was but I know it was for some sort of Brood of Noz thing.

The main problem with Thottbot about DE's is it lists things items that cant be DE'd into what they become for I dont know what reason. My only notion as to why this might be is perhaps at one time (Beta or otherwise) some of these items were DE-able and thats where that comes from.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Jandris

I figured it was vendors trash since it was grey but I have learned the hard way to double check since I lost out on rep items by not knowing what they were for. That d/e section had me confused, thanks for explaining.  :fall_tree: :apple_bushel: Love the new fall icons.

Lanarie

Quote from: Arcdelad on November 10, 2006, 11:57:07 AM
really? Ive been thinking of ways to get brood rep other than killing AQ bosses...

AQ40 trash increases brood rep by +100 per kill until until 2999/3000 neutral

Turn in the idols from the bosses like Skeram, Sartura etc will confer 500 rep for the brood, +100 rep for CC.

AQ40 shouldnt really be attempted until Nefarian is on farm status though. 

Here is the reference to WowWiki with other info regarding the brood:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Brood_of_Nozdormu

JohnnieRat

If I remember right, the Chitins are for a quest chain chain which leads up to being able to open the AQ gates. Since you have to be on speaking terms with the Brood of Noz to get further quest chains, 200 of the Chitins increases rep.

Generally they can't be collected unless you have completed "Only 1 May Rise" which involves killing the Broodlord (3rd boss in BWL). Then the chitins drop off the elite bugs in the hives in Silithus. Takes quite a bit of farming to go from Hated to Friendly just by turning in bug parts (200 chitins = 200 rep).