*NEW* Google Member Map

Started by Shadowwolf, September 26, 2008, 04:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Summary:
Added a Member Map system using Google Maps to allow members to "pin" themselves on a global map for others to see.

Changes Made:
"Member Map" section added to the forum navigation bar.
Pin selection added to user profiles.

Additional Info:

You can "pin" your location on the Member Map by viewing your profile and clicking on the location you wish to place your pin on the map shown. To remove the pin, simply click on the pin again.

[attachimg=1]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Fab

Pinned myself  :)

Didnt put it too close to my house lol, whihc is obvious b/c if you zoom in on where I marked it, it looks like I basically live in a field surrounded by trees lol

Cool idea to have though!

Drygioni

JohnnieRat

From what I see now... we could have a "who's from the closest to the middle of nowhere" contest.

Shadowwolf

Im waiting to see 1600 Penn Ave, D.C
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Nasanna

Haha, that's really cool. Thanks for adding it Shadow :)

capnpop

JohnnieRat

Emmalina

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

fiere redfern

That's really nifty!  :D Thanks, Shadow!

Ity

That's pretty nice :P! It's cool to see where exactly all ppl are living  :D.

Shadowwolf

Just an FYI, only guild members of this forum can see the map and pins. No one has to worry about complete public strangers seeing your map pin. Even random accounts that arent specifically guild members cant see them.

Tolwen

Thanks Shadow, very cool! O0
heh, It shows where I live in the middle of nowhere...

Arcdelad

So you live by Krin?

Seriously krin...do they even have civilization in that part of canada? I thought it was just a snow covered ice cap there...