Signup System Wishlist

Started by Shadowwolf, August 17, 2010, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Hey guys,

In anticipation for Cataclysm, Koth and I are discussing ideas about improving the signup system some from what it is now. Basically looking at adding new features to it that might make it easier to use and more friendly. Right now we dont have much off the top of our heads that we think would be of value so since everyone here uses it, I'd like to hear any thoughts on what we could do to improve upon it and make it more "modernized".

So far we are looking at doing the following:

• Calendar Software Export (xCal/iCal Format) - Will allow you to export the weekly schedule to your own calendar software like Outlook, Facebook, iPhone, Android phones, Google Calendar, etc.
  • Change Raid Leader (Admin Only) - Will allow the "Leader" name to be adjusted to the assigned leader of that run instead of the person who creates the event (usually me).
  • Change Character Signup - Will allow you to change the character you signed up with in case you make a mistake or decide to bring an alt.
  • Optional Email/Text Message Notify on Event Change/Cancel - Give you the option to receive an email or text message to your cell phone if the event is changed or canceled.
  • Better Cell Phone Browser Support - Fix the CSS and whatnot for Cell Phones to see things easier and allow for signups.
  • Improved RSS Feed Functions - Improve and expand on the basic RSS feed for new events.

More features and the implementation status of them can be found here:

http://bugs.twilightonalex.com/index.php?do=roadmap&project=9
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

fiere redfern

Great list right there. What about email or SMS alerts if you request to be reminded on the date (or the day before, etc) of the event? String around the finger type deal.

kmm777

What about an actual wishlist or interest list?  Like, if you want to run something that isn't or hasn't been on the calender, it gives you an option to show interest. If other ppl see that there is  interest in another raid, they can decide if they might want to do it too. That way we don't waste a sign up only to find we don't have half as much interest as we thought.

*re-reads post* Am I making any sense?

Shadowwolf

I understand what you mean, but that seems to possibly create more confusion than anything. You'd have people show interest and then not realize its not a signup, plus, interest doesnt necessarily mean the ability to partake on a scheduled day/time also.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Raif

I think its a great idea

Say Naxx

I never completed it all but its not on the list anymore, and i dont want to pug it.
If i saw that say, 3 or 4 other people have it listed, we could all get together and talk about it and maybe sked a run

fiere redfern

You can also use the scheduling forums for that sort of thing, Raif. I'm with Shadow in that I think it'd be a lot cleaner to look at a wishlist event on the forums instead of going to the calendar and trying to figure out if an event that is listed is actually happening or just what some people would like to happen.

What I'd personally do is make a thread saying you'd like to run X instance on Y date. Then, since you're a Vet, you can go to the calendar page and create the event if you see there's interest shown in the thread, then run it when the time comes.

MaddenKage

id love to do undying again in nax, maybe a 10 os zerg sometime too