*FIXED* Events SSL with Google Chrome (ver 21+)

Started by Shadowwolf, August 15, 2012, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

For anyone using Chrome, version 21 introduced some very totalitarian type requirements to view SSL sites and basically breaking the Events system of the site if you tried to view it in Chrome. While possible to get it working by adding an exception or explicitly telling it to load the page, thats just annoying so...its now fixed.

More info: http://bugs.twguild.org/events/issues/12
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Icemunch

i don't use chrome .. however i had the same issues with ie ... it fixed them too ... i can now view the pages without telling it to load the page correctly .. thx!

Shadowwolf

I use neither one of those browsers for various reasons of hatred, haha. Im glad it fixed it though.

You guys need to let me know when stuff doesnt work or work properly or we cant fix it. I had no idea the Events system was doing that till a few days ago =/

I did like Chrome, till I had to deal with the OCD nature of the developers in how they push standards so strictly it causes web development issues even if the standard is wrong or incomplete. Mozilla has always been more flexible while still adhering to standards.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess