Going through my closet....

Started by Gutboy, July 16, 2007, 12:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutboy

One problem with the wealth of gear in BC is figuring out what's best to keep between two or more items. If possible, I'd like to get some input from fellow warriors about some of my stuff. (I'm trying to maintain a tank set and a DPS set, along with various resist gear, so I don't mind keeping a couple of items for each slot.)

First up is the leg slot. I have the following so far:

[wowitem]Legplates of the Bold[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Felsteel Leggings[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Timewarden's Leggings[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Legguards of the Resolute Defender[/wowitem]

(might even have more; will update when I get back online...)

Any advice on the best of these to keep for tanking/DPS? Is there something better (up through Kara, non-PVP) in either category I should aim for?

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

voctovian

Ultimately, all of the pieces are usable for tanking, but it really depends on the rest of your gear as to which will work best.  For upgrades, there are some nice tanking legs that drop from Curator [wowitem]wrynn dynasty greaves[/wowitem] I am not sure about heroics.

From what I have seen, most tanks would wear Timewarden's with 3 [wowitem]solid star of elune[/wowitem] along with the +stam, +agi armor patch.  For warriors, getting 500+ defense is doable, but increases to stam are harder to achieve.  If you do not have high enough defense, look at one of the other pieces, otherwise, go for the additional stam with the Timewarden's.

For DPS, I would probably go for the Bold piece.  You should mostly care about AP and crit, so focus on items with AP, Strength and Agi (+hit is very important too). It is not unheard of to use rogue items on a DPS warrior... one that I have run with wears a couple of leather pieces.  When he needs to OT, he goes to all plate, but he is more effective in some of the leather rogue/catform druid pieces. 

Ping me if you have any questions.

Nixphire

Gear has a lot to do with what other gear you currently have. So only giving the leg slot is hard to go by. Generally for tanking you want to gear up +def first till you become uncritable. Parry and dodge is also great for warriors and will make it so you're hit less often. I forget the real numbers of when crushing blows can be pushed off, from work I can't access www.elitistjerks.com but you should be able to look up good info on gear theory craft from there.
As far as DPS gear, don't waist item budget on +def gear. Look for only +AP, +crit, +hit, and of course agility and strength.
Also, like what was said to me www.wow-loot.com has good stuff for gear!