Hunters BM review

Started by Genoism, November 21, 2006, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

Ok so i've tried out the new BM spec and here are my thoughts along with the overall buffs and nerfs. Im really busy this week but ill try to fit in some time to try other specs as well if my money holds out.

So then...there are clearly a few new pets to be tamed pre BC, one that i've seen is the snake type that we see in ZG. I dont know of its abilities however.
Without aimed shot i really did feel kinda naked without being able to have anything to cast until i remembered they buffed arcane shot.
I crit with arcane shot for a little over 1k being BM speced! I'm not entirely sure what the shots damage is based off but if it involves AP then I can imagine it only going up from there with MM specs and even survival.

It seems BM hunters have become ret pallies in a way. They support the raid with benefits here and there like a ret pally. Their overall dps feels to me like it suffered as a BM over the current survival however, crit rates will go up because of the talent that increases the hunters attack speed significantly(pets as well). Seems like pets have a somewhat potential role in tanking in the future for short times(not as short as it would be now). My wind serpent had almost 8k armor and 4.5k HP unbuffed. Paired up with a protection spec'ed pally thats another good 1k-ish armor :p

The beastial wrath thingy....feels kinda crappy to be honest. The reduction in mana cost for all abilities is nice and will allow hunters to dps for a bit longer but with arcane shot sucking up mana so quickly i think maybe the mana reduction will let u get another arcane shot or two off at best. The website says 50% more damage but its actually only 10% which is kinda lame cuz you hardly see the increase in dps.

Of course im not sure how this will work in a raid setting and if the damage will be competative in a raid.

It seems like blizzard is taking all those specs that end game raiding guilds never wanted and bringing in raid wide affecting abilities that provide small benefits to the party or raid. Its a nice move I think, I just hope everyone doesn't suddenly want to be a dps pally because it seems to me like having a pally from all 3 tree's will be most effective and same with hunters.

Gonna give my mage a shot tomorrow if i get a chance too...see whats new there, i hear their fire tree's have had a crazy dmg boost and from what i've seen its true.

un4

Hunters' pets can see through stealth.

GG Bliz, 'nuff said.
un4