Leaving twilight

Started by Nefarius, October 13, 2007, 12:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefarius

Hi everyone, I understand some of you are mad at me and you will just have to be, if you dont want to beleive this then you dont have to, I figured it would happen atleast a little. I did not just leave to join a guild that's further in progression. My friend that has helped me through the majority of the game way before twilight was in need of some help and i've never been able to offer that help after being taught almost everything I know about WoW from this person. I really owe it to him and i'm joining a guild to help participate with something, because there was a big problem with some core players of the guild. I'm not going to get much more specific then that, I do appreciate all the runs I could go on, all the loot I got and all the fun I had in twilight, I really enjoyed it and i'm not " getting my epics and leaving " as someone said to me. Thanks for reading this, and i'd like to stay friends with everyone I knew from twilight if possible.

Thanks, Nef.

Shadowwolf

We were not in need of help Nef. You joined us a while ago, from what I remember, a long long way before you hit 70 or even 60. I remember Lyte and Dharq running through Ramparts with you at 60 and they havent played in 6 months. I think its safe to say we helped you quite a lot too. But regardless, its difficult to believe this is only to help your friend and heres why. For starters, the timing. Right after you get very nice stuff from Kara you leave. Not only that, 2 days before you left you requested items from the guild bank for a Mongoose enchant. We helped with some of those mats, would have irritated things more if we had provided 100% of the mats =P I cant believe that the 2 days prior to you leaving you hadnt known you were going to yet you still used the this guilds resources to benefit yourself before you left.

Now, if this friend was in a guild not classified a raiding guild and not considered to be further along in raid progression for us, then people probably wouldnt think this of you, but honestly, the timing and everything else...its not adding up. It just seems too coincidental that you get most of your Kara gear and shortly after you leave  >:(

Honestly, best of luck to you wherever you go. Im just disappointed things ended this way. To me, it feels like a slap in the face for us :(
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lynette

Nef,

At the very minimum, you should return the mats from the Mongoose enchant back to the guild.  It is the right thing to do.

Karma and your reputation aren't things you want to take advantage of in a game like WoW.

Good luck in your new guild...Lyn

Grendeel

Nef,

People have left twilight for various reasons and for the most part (save for 1 or 2) i really dont harbour any illwill towards any of them.  In fact i still run instances,  do arena pvp, and in general just chat with them in whispers.  You however have been added to that short list of mine.

Twilight was never in need of help from a dps warrior.   There has been and will be plenty of twilighters to fill dps spots (including a couple dps warriors who sat out because the runs were filled).  Had you been protection specd or a healer then you would have been fulfilling a need and  "helping" out twilight.  As it turns out, you actually just hurt us by filling a spot, and getting loot, a twilight member could have gotten (and used for our further progression).  Lets not confuse things here and pretend you helped us.  It was US helping you.  Your mindset about you "helping us out" is very telling........and naive.  This thought process should be offensive to every twilight member imo.

This guild you are going to help out is having problems you say.  If so, they didnt occur overnight.   That means you were well aware that you were leaving us for this guild in advance of your departure from twilight.  Knowing this, you still put in a request for around 300g in mats (a substantial amount of it was filled) 2 days prior to your leaving.   This to me was a a big slap in the face and  a huge FU to the entire guild.  Of all the things that happened, this is the one i find the most despicable and deplorable and it speaks volumes to the type of character you have as a human being.

Your claim that Salvation is in need of help is pretty damn lame.   Here is a quote from a recruitment threat:

" The guild salvation on Alexstrasza is looking for more members that want to press forward in 25 man raids we have 3 kara farm groups going atm and we also have gruul's lair on farm as well. We are staring in ssc and tk the eye at the moment and we are looking for more members that would like to come along and be part of the fun and hard work of raiding. If you are intrestingin moving forward in raiding please apply at salvation.guildportal.com thank you for reading and hope to hear from you soon. "

Now 3 kara groups every week, , gruul on farm as well, that isnt a guild hurting for members.  Also on their website, a dps warrior class is 10th in the line of needs from other classes.  In fact there is only one class they need less of.  So either you have lied to us or Salvation is lying to the wow community and misrepresenting their needs on their website.  Which is it (bet i can guess).  In any case gruul on farm and 3 kara runs a week is not a guild in dire need of people.

So lets recap

Nefarius joins Twilight at a low level

-uses our guild members knowledge, time, and players to level 70 (a perfect example was mentioned by shadow)
-uses the same guild resources to get Kara keyed
-enters kara runs for a couple weeks
-gets phat loot on those runs (including 3 epics on his last run)
-requests (and gets most) mats totalling around 300g
- 2 days later (thats 2 days from the 3 epic drops he got and the bank request) he quits twilight

Looking at Salvations roster, although its not updated, i see one level 67 and the rest listed are 70s.  Its pretty damn clear what happened here. Since the gm is a RL friend of yours, your intention was to join and play with him from the beginning.  They couldnt provide you the environment to level so you found a guild to fullfil that need.  This is exactly what you did.   After getting your epic gear (thus giving you the gear requirements to raid with Salvaton) you IMMEDIATELY left our guild.  And again we got the big FU and slap in the face before leaving by stealing our mats.

Ultimately im glad your gone.  People of such low quality in integrity, morals, and honesty, dont belong in our guild.  I hope the door did hit you on the way out.

Thane

I know this is a serious matter and I should be contributing more input than this, but...

1. Nef just got pwned hard.
2. Gren did the pwning.
3. ive never had more fun in a gaming invironment than with twilight.
4. I will NEVER get on Gren's bad side...ever...ever.....ever

Nixphire

I think all that can be said about this has been said. With Gren's pwnt to you, lets bring some humor into this now
Nefarius

Lord Entropy

Wow Nef, did you really believe anyone wouldn't notice the incongruity of your actions and statements?

LastDyingBreath

Nef, I used to like you.  You seemed like a cool, if young kid.  Now I know you're a damn tool, I hope you're sidelined on salvation's raids.

additionally, because gren served it to you proper.

Emmalina

I don't see much reason for this thread to remain unlocked and ongoing. It's a bad situation, absolutely, but let's avoid creating any more drama, especially of the publicly viewable sort (General Discussion, ahem), than is necessary.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Nefarius

I just re read all this, it's complete bull shit, something serious happened in salvation, and I wasnt saying that Twilight needed me, I was saying Salv did. Twilight has 300+ people, no use for some dumb kid like me then?...I'm not going to get as personal into this topic to explain why but I didnt do anything wrong here, you guys just dont understand. Something happened in Salv. and thats all I need to say, i'm pretty hurt you all think I just used Twilight to get some gear, I was offered to join Salv many times before it had its problem and I turned it down because I wanted to stay in twilight.

Lynette

Just get over it.  Return the mats you took and move on.  End of discussion.

Drygioni

The right thing to do is give back the mats you took 2 days before leaving. Mail them to Shadowwolf and you will come out of this looking like the more mature player and earn the respect of everyone. You have to understand why people are mad. You take mats from our bank for one of the more expensive enchants out there, /gquit and not expect people to be mad? I doubt Salvation or any other guild would "need" a person who does something like that.  I dont care what happened in Salvation that required you to leave. I do know that theres nothing that justifies leaving the way you did Nef.

Shadowwolf

Atop all this, I was told today you informed someone here that you intended to leave the guild for Salvation a week ago. That just confirmed that you knew what you were doing and took advantage of this guilds generosity.

Frankly I dont care what happened there, it matters nothing to me. Myself and everyone else here go off what we see, and that is you extorted this guild for your own means then left us. You could have mentioned something sooner about your intentions, and you could have not used our bank to benefit yourself to which we wont ever see the gain from.

Salvation doesnt look like its hurting any, they seem to be putting on a good front for everyone on the Realm Forum and on their site if they are in a spot of trouble. Thats the other thing that makes this all hard to believe. =P
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

I agree with Emma's thought on locking this...but i do want to add some info on salvation to help clarifiy a little.

Salvation is a fairly old (and IMO unstable) guild. The started out as "The Senate", had a modest amount of people (including a level 53 druid named Arcdelad and a level 40ish warrior named Usonian), and were running UBRS and ZG. They then in the course of about two weeks merged with Arisen Phoenix, left Arisen phoenix to merge instead with Fire and Ice, and then left Fire and Ice and "reacreated" themselves as "Senate II". They are now salvation, although I suspect they went through a few crashes on their way to turning into Salvation.

The point is that this isnt a brand new guild that needs help getting off the ground - its had a core group of people throughout the entire process and they do have kara and gruuls on farm. I think any claim that they need help is laughable and disingenious...