What is your favorite quote? (Non-Fiction, Fiction/Fantasy, Guildy)

Started by Shadowwolf, March 30, 2011, 05:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

What is your favorite quote at the moment that you heard either a while ago, recently, or whenever?

Could be something from a comic, anime, another game, WoW itself, even a fellow guild member. Tells us all what it is!
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

I've a ton from Airplane!. What an awesome movie...the best, I think, are these:
Reporter: What kind of plane is it?
Johnny: Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.

[reading newspaper headlines]
Rex Kramer: Passengers certain to die!
Steve McCroskey: Airline negligent.
Johnny: There's a sale at Penney's!

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

dharq

Cheesiest pick-up line ever...
"Hey baby, did you break wind? 'Cause you're blowing me away!" (Suite Life of Zack and Cody) <-- Lyte likes this one.

And I've just gotten through another final's week, so here's a pretty appropriate one..
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." (Einstein)

And because I'm prepping for my CCNA and wish tech certs would remember this one...
"Never memorize what you can look up in books." (Einstein)

Jaidis

I have 2 that I have found to be most useful when writing a story, paper, poetry and even when doing my homework.

"You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write."    Saul Bellow

"-You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
-What mood is that?
-Last-minute panic."     Calvin & Hobbes
"No one has ever eaten a hotpocket and thought man I'm glad I ate that"   Jim Gaffigan

Oilslick

Quote from: Jaidis on March 30, 2011, 01:22:00 PM

"You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write."    Saul Bellow

/thumbsup

fiere redfern

Considering where I am tonight, this one's doubly appropriate:

"It's deja vu all over again." - Yogi Berra

As I write this, Mr. Berra is receiving a lifetime achievement award from the Yankees at their annual homecoming dinner. I'm on showcall as a haze operator and across the room from the podium. This is my job :)

Oilslick

Got a chuckle from a mijo quote of a quote on vent today.

Quote from: Deadlymijo

Quote from: BlizzardEverything's broken perfectly. 

Deadlymijo

I cannot teach you violence, as I do not believe in it..I can only teach you not to bow your heads to anyone even at the cost of your life.....(Mahatma Gandhi)

Cottonbaler

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto - from the Sci-Fi Epic The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951 not the cheesy remake) and used in others since then.

[Frankenstein, Igor and Inga in front of HUGE castle doors]
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: What knockers.
Inga: Oh, thank you doctor.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Well, dear, are you ready?
Inga: Yes, Doctor.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Elevate me.
Inga: Now? Right here?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Yes, yes, raise the platform.
Inga: Oh. Ze platform. Oh, zat, yah, yah... yes.

Mongo: Mongo only pawn... in game of life

Hedley Lamarr: Go do that voodoo that you do so well!

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Friends help you move...
...REAL friends help you move bodies.

I Believe In Making Sacrifices. Can I Start With You?

Artrubian

"Mom smokes in the car...Jesus is ok with it but dont tell dad"...Dr Sheldon Cooper

Avelandra

I live Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the original. With Gene Wilder.

Willy Wonka: So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

Willy Wonka: You lose! Good day, sir!
Willy Wonka: [shouts even louder] I said good day!

Mrs. Gloop: Don't just stand there, do something!
Willy Wonka: [unenthusiastically] Help. Police, Murder.

Mike Teevee: Look at me, I'll be be the first person in the world to be sent by television!
Mrs. Teevee: Mike, get away from that thing!
Willy Wonka: [unenthusiastically] Stop. Don't. Come back.
Mike Teevee: Lights, Camera, *Action*!

Mr. Salt: What is this, Wonka? Some kind of funhouse?
Willy Wonka: Why? Having fun?

I also love spaceballs.

Barf: It's not that we're afraid, far from it, it's just that we've got this thing about death... It's not us!

Barf: I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!

Colonel Sandurz: [squeaks] Prepare ship...
[tries again, with booming voice]
Colonel Sandurz: Prepare ship for ludicrous speed! Fasten all seatbelts, seal all entrances and exits, close all shops in the mall, cancel the three ring circus, secure all animals in the zoo!

and Finally, one of my favorites. Think Abbott and Costello. this happens while they are watching a shot of exactly what they are doing.

Colonel Sandurz: Try here. Stop.
Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
Colonel Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: Now?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
Dark Helmet: Why?
Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
Dark Helmet: How soon?

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

Icemunch

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people

I can relate to this daily!

Gutboy

"Not only is it not right, it's not even wrong!"
-- Wolfgang Pauli

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

kmm777

I have a few from Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series:

-'The true way to a man's heart is six inches of metal between his ribs. Sometimes four inches will do the job, but to be really sure, I like to have six. Funny how phallic objects are always more useful the bigger they are. Anyone who tells you size doesn't matter has been seeing too many small knives

- "I felt like I needed a button that said, 'No, I don't want to have a bondage three-way with you, thanks for asking, though."

-"I'm your bodyguard. If you die under my protection, the other bodyguards will make fun of me." Edward to Anita

-"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."

-"I decided to ignore it. If the poodle got loose, I figured I could take it. I was armed."

-"I hoped he was right, but one thing I've learned about vampires-they keep pulling new rabbits out of their cloaks. Big, fanged, carnivorous bunnies that'll eat your eyeballs if you're not paying attention."