The colors of Autumn

Started by Shadowwolf, November 10, 2006, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Snapped some pictures with my phone on the way home today. These are some of the roads by my house. I love the colors on the trees this time of year and today was such a nice day out.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

oh....THOSE are what trees look like...and what is that green stuff on the ground?

very very nice shadow...im sure its beuatiful about now there...

it was in the 90's today here....in november...............

Shadowwolf

was 64 today and sunny. I love it when the weather is like it was today. Sadly I spent most of my day inside =(
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Looks like crap here, but the skies were lovely an hour ago.
un4

Kothnok

very beautiful, shadow
being from ca, i don't get to see colors like that.  it's all just green when wet and brown when hot.
:maple_leaf:
thanks for sharing :)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Kaidelina

Boy, i envy you.

Green?  What's that?  All we have all over the ground is that white cold stuff that falls from the skies. 
The high today was a balmy -2 degree celsius (28 degrees F).  Horray for Canada!!!  ;)

Gailzee

Quote from: Kaidelina on November 10, 2006, 06:57:13 PM
Boy, i envy you.

Green?  What's that?  All we have all over the ground is that white cold stuff that falls from the skies. 
The high today was a balmy -2 degree celsius (28 degrees F).  Horray for Canada!!!  ;)

In was going to give a sad story of how the leaves are already off here in Ohio and it was only in the fiftys today.... but I can't top your sad story, lol -2 brrrrrr   ;D

un4

Front's about to hit us though.  Rain  :(
un4

Jandris

The pictures are lovey - we missed fall here because of the rain & cold. The leaves went from green to brown to now being all on the ground. Nothing but bare trees here. The rain is finally gone now & today was pretty with a high of 68. Warmer than it has been for half of Sept & all of Oct.

Lyte

Our leaves are mostly on the ground now.  Two days ago it was up in the 70's for a high, and then yesterday the high was around 40 degrees.  I'm sure many people are going to come down sick with the temps going nuts like that.

un4

I just got over a slight cold; the weather's much the same here, Lyte  :fall_tree:
un4

Shadowwolf

Yea, weather has been all screwy. Today was foggy, chilly and rain. Yesterday was 60's and sunny. Perfect situation for flu and colds.

Jandris

From your mouths to my ER - god it was ugly last night  :(

usonian

that looks like a fantasy land to me.  our cacti don't change color and the little grass we have is in small patches in peoples' yards.  i need to get back east now!

Shadowwolf

Those photos are one of the things I looked forward to when I came back to the east from having lived in CA for 10 years. I grew up with 4 seasons and for 10 years I had 2, hot and hotter. =)

That, and ask Koth from his visit to NYC, cant beat the Pizza, hehe.