This just in:

Started by capnpop, December 05, 2006, 11:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

I can 2 shot an epiced out mage (Soul Fire crit followed by Immolate crit) and 4 shot Muridin with 2 spells that have a cast time and 2 that don't (seduce > nuke) but can't do it consistantly...sadly, it has nothing to do with cooldowns...with some the only "cooldown" i'd burn was soul fire.  My spec (7/0/44) is completely dependant on crits to get good DPS.  I have roughly 11% chance to crit (with spellstone in wand slot).  Nether protection is not nearly as good as it sounds...in my time using it not once did i get hit with anything other than a pre-existing DoT while I was protected (4 second protection vs casting times that can be longer...) which i could've dispelled had i hit my spellstone button...

the coolest part i've found about my spec is shadowfury.  1v1, it doesn't mean a thing...you spend half the time they're stunned in a global cooldown, but in group pvp it's funny to watch a group suddenly stop dead from being stunned.  It can crit, but with roughly 300 +dmg it does 500-600 and crits for 1000-1200, so not bad, but not the greatest either.

the reach of drain life is fantastic...i no longer need to enter the towers in AV to heal up (using the archers, fear them, they don't move then just drain life until they die) but to fear i still need to be closer so i get hit for the occasional 250-300 dmg arrow but drain 500-600 in that time...

I hate CloS...

Next, after I make enough money to respec again (spent it all getting my epic mount mats...) i'll either be going demonology or affliction (uhh, only 2 specs left...) demon would be fun (prolly 10/41/0 or 9/42/0) and I'd be a tank again... or affliction would make me burn through low lvl instances like nothing.... (approx 88+ life per siphon life tick) but burst damage would take a major hit (either spec would result in a big hit to burst dps, sustained would be best with affliction IMO).

overall, happy with the variety, but unhappy in the singular role warlocks now play, with 10 more talent points it will be much much better (something like 41/5/11 + 4 would result in much better dps or 35/0/21 + 5 would be SM/Ruin with some more fun/better stuff...but that's lvl 70...)

TB, I will kill you, i will find a way, and i will do it, and do it consistantly... :P

Tankgrl

Quote from: capnpop on December 05, 2006, 11:50:21 PM
TB, I will kill you, i will find a way, and i will do it, and do it consistantly... :P

/target thingiebob
/mourn
;)

Grendeel

I am so confused as to what to take for a spec here.  I didnt even want to respec til i hit 70 but blizz kinda forced me to.   I went deep into the destruction tree and got shadowfury cause it sounds awesome (and prolly is).  My spell crit is around 14% and my +spell damage is 477 so this should give me awesome damage.   But now im wondering if its gonna be useful or not. My toon is pretty much done grinding and will primarily be used in raiding.  Shadowfury wont be used much for that.  Maybe for the bats in zg and the imps in MC but not much else.  Im just wondering if affiction or the new pet would be a better build for the time being.

Muridin

I and 4 shot Muridin with 2 spells that have a cast time and 2 that don't (seduce > nuke)

godamned suduce, if it wasnt for that, ild manage to get you below 60%, maybe 40-45% if im lucky .... plus that and better gear would help

and, when i get better gear, im gonna hunt you down, find you, and duel you ... and get further tha 95% health!

capnpop

Gren, depends on what you want to do...I've been thinking, and SM/Ruin is still as good as it was before (maybe better with the new imp Drain Soul spell and the fact that you'll get 10% threat loss from both affliction and destruction spells). For consistant DPS....SM/Ruin or Affliction is the way to go I think.  (Consistant dps is much better than high burst in raids anyways...unless you are nuking a mob...)

i think one of the better end-game raiding specs will be: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-warlock/talents.html?1502200512234115010000050000000000000000000505000512200010000000
35/5/21 (at lvl 70)

it's basically sm/ruin + 10 (30/0/21 + 10) the only difference is you grab dark pact (good mana return) and get Shadow Embrace (things do up to 5% less damage...4% in this instance due to all my points being used) as well as being able to maintain good dps with nightfall procs and 100% crits and whatnot...

Darkling

Preparation+Premed+Cloak of Shadows = No more killing me if you are a warlock (unless I try a new tactic on you and fail at it). I can Blind/Vanish/Sprint/Cloak/Evade two times in one duel. Remember that....and good luck on your endeavor to kill me. And warriors, paladins, and mages, have fun killing me for the time being. Druids, bring it on. I haven't gotten to test this newest spec yet. I wonder if Cloak removes Faerie Fire. If so, you are so owned...  ]:D
:leglamp:

Arcdelad

feral druids now have an option to have +15% fear / stun reduction....so both rogues and locks lkose some of their advantagte wioth a druid specced with that...

Darkling

You're on Arcdelad. 5pm server time tonight (that would be Dec 06) in front of IF....be there or be scared.  :-*

Arcdelad

hahahaha....welll...im already scraed :P i didnt say i actual had the points to put into that talent...i didnt put any in, so i have the same lack of fear, lack of stun resistence ive always had...

im working today, so thats 4PM arizona time...might be tricky to get on...but if i do make it ill be there - its only 8 seconds out of my day anyway right? :P

Grendeel

It's only heavy destruction locks you have beat TB.  I suspect yor will have difficulty with a heavy speccd demonologist.   Even affliction spec could pose a problem.    Time will tell

capnpop

with my crappy gear TB would need to hack through over 10k hps.... (7.5k or so with just my first pet out, a 2nd pet gives me the additional 2.5k hp) without any consumables...pop a HS for 1440 hps... and give me raid buffs (or gren's gear...) and suddenly i have ~12000+ hps (can take around 8k dmg without saccing a VW or using consumables...)...give me gren's gear and raid buffs....14-15k isn't out of the question...

did some rough math which prolly isn't right....and i find 10k after buffs (friend with IMP out, fort and MotW on you) before saccing anything...my math prolly isn't right now...

capnpop

respeccing SM/DS for +10% shadow dmg and +15% shadow dmg...
at +600 shadow/spell dmg that means that corr ticks for 379-380 a tick...AHH!!!!! SO MUCH DMG...3 ticks and you are taking dmg through shadow ward...3-4 ticks burns down a priest shield...

CoA does a total of 2.5k dmg over 24 secs...

Siphon life heals you for 1.5k (1.5k dmg too...)

curse of doom will only hit for like 7k though :(  (7084 based on math)

that's 30/21/0

once we can do 35/21/0 + 5  will will get another 5% dmg on top of Corruption and CoA (and seed of corruption...)