Dismissing Pets and Enslaving

Started by Shadowwolf, December 23, 2006, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Just an FYI for all you people with Warlocks. Since 2.0.1 theres a problem with dismissing your pets and enslaving demons while you have a pet out.

If you are running *ANY* addons at all, you wont be able to dismiss your pet using the UI or a macro for that matter. Ive tested this myself and found postings with others that have confirmed this is a problem with all sorts of addons. Originally I thought it was Titan so I disabled that for my warlock only to have the error tell me it was Ace2, then disabled that and it was GroupCalendar, etc etc.

So the only way at the moment you can dismiss your pet as a lock is to put it on stay and walk far away so it despawns, or to sacrifice it. That is to say unless you run absolutely no addons at all or only ones that happen to want to work with the function. Macros will not work, ive tried all the API commands WoW has for that action and they all return an error.

Additionally, if you try to enslave a mob while you have a pet out, it will break instantly. Since the patch, your pet will not automatically dismiss when you cast enslave, so since you cant have more than 1 pet out in your control, the enslaved mob goes free.

These problems were supposed to have been fixed by a hotfix 2 weeks ago that still has yet to present itself so I wouldnt get too hopeful it goes away anytime soon. Just wanted to let all you know as ive gotten a few people asking me if I knew anything of this and spent some time last night trying to macro a way to circumvent the problem without success.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

voctovian

Heh, thought it was only me... guess not :(

Thanks for looking into this for us shadow.  It'll be useful when my lock has to enslave.

Kaidelina

:snowman_smiley: :santa_smiley: :reindeer_smiley: :elf_smiley: :reindeer_smiley: :santa_smiley: :snowman_smiley:

dharq

You can also just summon a new pet.. You'll lose the shard (unlike the stay & walk method that gives you the shard back), but you can summon a new pet easier that way.

Grendeel

We found out about the enslaving bug early when the patch came out.    Trying to enlsave 2 of the imps in ZG and having them  get enslaved and instantly be released proved chaotic.   Switching to banish made it go smoother though.

Shadowwolf

I think if you summon now it doesnt automatically dismiss your current pet till the summon is over. It dazes them or something now.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess