Yet again

Started by Darkling, January 09, 2007, 02:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Caedryne

Apparently there's a bug that Horde use, that cap a flag from about 30-40 maybe more yards away.

Darkling

A new exploit in AV allows Horde to cap a flag from a great distance away. It got so frustrating to me last night that i actually /afk out of AV. There have been claims that Alliance can do it as well, but I have yet to actually see it happen.

It's fun to run around and find some 1 on 1 fights or 2 on 1 in AV, but the fact that the exploit is there and was being used made me not enjoy AV at all.

With that, rogues, don't use the AB  power buffs while in stealth. It breaks stealth now. Happened to me yesterday with the Heal Powerup at LM and got me wasted.

Arcdelad

who didnt get nerfed are feral druids again....all of the sudden blizz loves us...they keep adding armor bonuses, damage, etc etc to us.....

Darkling

I noticed that in a duel with Depressing last night. I was like WTH. My health just dropped excessively from some strike he did to me in cat form.

I have noticed a growing trend with Blizzard though. People whine about class abilites constantly because they can't find a way to work around those abilities either in bg's or in duels. Hence, feign death got nerfed. It didn't seem to work for them after the patch because Blizzard changed it to only work on chance. You still lose the mana, but game mobs/player pets still have a chance to have you targeted.

As much as we all complain about certain classes abilities (myself included), there is a reason for those abilities. Blizzard has PVP as a bonus when you get tired of the grind of the game. A lot of people love PVP now of course, but that's no reason to nerf certain class abilities.

In the end, all the whining of players that want to be lazy and not figure out a way around abilities in PVP is going to make us all general goods vendors while NPC's get to win the game for us.

Yes, some abilities should be adjusted for PVP purposes, that's a no brainer. But the abilities that are meant for PVE need to be left alone (Traps, Stealth, Spell Damage, Pally bubbles, Heals, etc.).

My advice for those that PVP and get killed a lot by certain classes:

1) Create an alt of that class and learn the abilities used in PVP.
2) Be a class forum troll and see what people of the class you want to be able to defend against are saying.
3) Watch how that player/class plays.
4) Ask a friend or guild member to duel you for a bit and train/practice.
5) Learn EVERYTHING about your own class for PVP and PVE. This is by far the most important thing you can do.

Meanwhile, we can still rant here. It's the best way to get some things off your chest. No one should attack anyone in this particular forum. No one really needs to respond. They are rants, point blank. We try to get the frustrations off our chest here so we can drive on in the game.

TBC next week! Let's rock the new realm!

Caedryne

thanks TB - great advice

Quikslver

I completely agree with you TB.  We all just need to learn how to successfully play against other classes.  There is a trick for each class to beat any other class, you just need to find that strategy.  The only thing that I find aggrivating about the BGs is not the opposing classes, but rather the pre-made guilds that the Alliance ends up always fighting.  Maybe I am just unlucky and always get in those pre-mades, but I see them everywhere.  And just recently, I noticed an increase in the pre-made AVs, which I once thought impossible.  But some guilds (mostly horde, apparently) use a mod that allows guilds to surpass that pre-made rule and go into the BG together.  It ticks me off because never does the Alliance get so lucky as to have even half of an AB or WSG be an Alliance pre-made.  I am getting annoyed with Horde dominated BGs, mostly WSG and AB.

Shadowwolf

http://wow.curse-gaming.com/en/files/details/5916/avsquad/

Someone decoded the Horde only mod that lets them do it and made one for Ally too.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

KittyPurple

Another thing people don't realize:

People think on the terms of "class A beats class B" "class B beats class C" etc.
  ie "rogues sneak up behind me and kill me" "hunters pets detect stealth and they beat the rogues"
which leads to "Nerf class A!!!" "Nerf class b!!!"
however
a small balanced group, with a proper mix of abilities can overcome even the most problematic abilities.
Warcraft has alway been a game of large scale war, so a organized group, using tactics, can defeat a much larger force.
  I've seen an alliance priest and warrior win WSG while the rest of us sat on our collective asses
don't try to make it a game of 1v1 in the battlefields. the horde will gank you from behind.
  make a group, join the BGs and fight smart.

Quikslver

Kitty, did you just use a mathematical law to describe BG situations? haha!  What is that A=B and B=C, therefore A=C, thing called?  Transitive property?  I don't remember, I was not too great at geometry. Or was that algebra?  crap... I forget. 

Muridin

math is math.... my solution .... burn it

Luise

I think Kitty was just making a logical statement: "If A>B and B>C then A>C".
And Muri- aren't you studying Maths in your HSC this year? (Luise shakes head sadly..)

Muridin

pfft, hells no

taking
English Studies
Modern History
Drama Studies ( im the schools tech guy )
Bioligy ( gonna change that )
Legal Studies

Luise

You dropped Maths!
Awe- that's the best subject. (Just an opinion :))

un4

If A=B and B=C, then A=C.  Transitive property :P

I'm scared I remember that.
un4