Vanish

Started by Darkling, January 11, 2007, 08:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Apparently blizzard just doesn't listen. Vanish is still broken. I had a hunter mark me in AV so I vanished to get rid of it. His pet still found me. That happens in stealth, which I have adapted to that, but Vanish doesn't work as it should.

For those of you who don't know, Vanish should take me off target from any Mobs, including players and pets.

In any case, when I submitted a ticket on it, I got the reply "Vanish is working as intended. Do you have anything else I can help you with?" er...

I would say don't get comfortable with stealth because it just may get taken away (a joke, don't take that serious) since it is basically useless in PVP and sometimes PVE and every class has some way of finding us, even though we have adapted and overcome those methods (except hunters and their damm flares..I got a method for that though).

un4

You forgot warlock pets :D
un4

Shadowwolf

I dont agree with them changing vanish that way if it was in fact intentional. Vanish is supposed to take you out of combat entirely, but...

I know before if you were afflicted with a DoT yes it would work, but youd pop out of stealth right away, and the tooltip on Hunters Mark is

QuotePlaces the Hunter's Mark on the target, increasing the ranged attack power of all attackers against that target by ##.  In addition, the target of this ability can always be seen by the hunter whether it stealths or turns invisible.  The target also appears on the mini-map.  Lasts for 2 min.

So I can kind of see where the GM was coming from, tho Im not sure I agree with it. Im kinda torn.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

ok i stealthed right before a hunter told his pet to attack me. the pet didnt stop, went right up to me and started attacking. brokens stealth andi died pretty quick.
bad worg  :(

Shadowwolf

That bug has been around a while. They were supposed to be fixing it but apparently have not. Happened to me many a time too. They cant see you but the pet still can which is bogus.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

suslik

Vanish, removes the hunters mark though shadow. So you should no longer be seen in stealth after you use vanish. I think that was in the rogue patch awhile back.

Darkling

That it was suslik, and it removes the mark still, but it doesn't work as intended. I'm spamming tickets to them cause I'm sick of being sent to the suggestion forums about this. So if I get banned, you know why.

un4

un4