Mage vs. Warrior pvp

Started by Trismus, October 20, 2007, 09:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trismus

Alright, I've got a bit of a problem:

I've done alot of PvP, and I can beat down most classes if they are within a reasonable gear margin of myself, unless I get taken completely off guard.

Yet, frost speced mages beat me EVERY single time, 1v1. No exceptions, no remorse, and I have no idea how to counter it. My strategy is as follows in a completely ideal situation (which rarely happens):

Charge >> MS + regular hit.

FROZEN. Taking damage, taking damage,

Intercept >> MS + regular hit.

SLOWED. Taking more damage, taking more damage.

At this point I will usually use my alliance medallion, maybe get close enough to hit, but if I do, they either Ice themselves or freeze me again. If they ice themselves I MIGHT kill them, but only if I can 1 round them as otherwise I will get frozen and killed.

How can I resolve this? I have enormous difficulty with this situation. Perhaps mace spec + Deep Thunder would help, giving me a chance to stun, but that's still only a chance, and I figure that there must be a better way to beat a mage.

Any suggestions? What irritates you the most about warriors? How can I change my setup to be more of a threat? Should I go after frost resistance gear at the expense of everything else? My hunch is that would turn me into cannon fodder for almost every other class.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Ereeguar

agreed my 44 frost mage owns all warriors=)...killed a 53 warrior in duel :Skull: :Bat: :Werewolf: :Bat:

Vengeance

Im not a warrior, or a frost mage, but i can think of something...
Start of by spamming charge, get a hamstring off immediatly. Some might blink right out, most with frost nova after the stun. Try trinketing out of frost nova, but do not intercept immediatly...walk to him. if he blinks when your almost next to him, intercept him then...the point is to keep frost nova off you at all times...with frost lance specced, its lethal and will take you down FAST. I find most of the time youde have to rely on luck with a string of crits when possible, and try to ALWAYS have a hamstring on him...thatll be your best ability for frost mages. Thats all i can come up with...see, druids have it easier-furor  ;)
Still though, i find frost mages amazingly annoying in a pvp fight, i have to bear form everytime really to increase health.

Kothnok

I've not done much pvp with my mage, so I can't give you any tips on how to beat me since I don't know any. :P
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Nixphire

Being a frost mage I can usually walk all over every class, except a lock. However a few things that can make a fight a bit harder for me is hamstring, and a damn shield. Spell refect makes me mader then anything when I'm kiting you from far away.
Usually a good make will use ice lance so a warrior won't charge, but every now and then they get it off. As any good warrior get that hamstring off as soon as possible. I'll either blink or frost nova and... s..l..o..w..l..y.. walk away or start casting next to you and blink after it. If you throw on that shield and spell reflect well, that's dmg that you didn't take. I've honestly killed my self more against warriors then anything else.
If you want to do soem duals some time, hit me up. I've played a warrior to 60 before, so I know a few things. :)