flight form tag!

Started by LastDyingBreath, October 28, 2007, 03:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LastDyingBreath

oh my god we need to do this.

https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2215435889&sid=1

QuoteSo I was sitting around putting off an IT Security assignment while sitting around in Nagrand with fellow druid and guildie Deusloki. Bored, I came across a Heavy Leather Ball I had sitting around in my bags. Great things they are.

Unfortunately, you can't use them in flight form of course. But if you're not in combat, nothing stopping you from shifting out, throwing the ball and shifting back (which I did to Deu).

One thing led to another, and I joked that we could chase eachother around with another druid, shifting out and throwing the ball to one another...although that would be dangerous.

Deu pointed out that we could always do this over the lake. Another guildie (Nimh) suggested that the game could go until whoever is left alive wins. We sadly haven't gotten to try it as the third druid exclaimed he was going to give the ball to a friend and logged out (Damn ball ninjas!)

But...I find it intriguing. So, concept is as follows:

Ingrediants:
---------------------

3+ Druids with Flight Form. Swift Flight form preferred.
1 x [Heavy Leather Ball]
1 x Lake (Such as in Nagrand)
Beer from Brewsfest (Bonus!)

The game plays out essentially as Tag!. Whoever has the ball is 'It' and must tag another druid by chasing him down in the air , shifting out, and clicking the Heavy Ball. (No tag backs is preferred here). Once the ball is off and away, the druid can shift back into flight form.

If a druid fails to get back into flight form in time, and hits the lake- he's out of the game. Note that being 'it' often and failing to tag another druid could eventually run you out of mana (Credit to Deu for this point).

Last druid 'alive' is the winner (Though this would require Tag backs.). Alternatively, game ends when only two druids remain, and the untagged druid is the winner.

BONUS: All druids get 'completely smashed' before game begins. Flying drunk makes things more unpredictable and easier for druids to catch (and tag) one another.

Thoughts? Could it be fun? Boring? Lame?

Any improvements?

EDIT: Another guildie, Merna, pointed out that shifting forms and throwing the ball could be put into a Macro. Throwing the ball doesn't burn a Global Cooldown, as an aside, so the macro could be spammed like the Macro to Pot/healthstone in Bearform.

I will not rest until I have done this.

Buzan

Wow that definitely sounds like something fun to try :).

Tolwen

lol, great find Panz..I'd love to try it out sometime.

fiere redfern

Count me in, too! ...If I ever get a spare moment that is =/

Arcdelad

hehehe...buzan and myself were playing flying mount / flight form dueling :P

try killing a pally 20,000 yards above hellfire citadel with moonfire....ouch

Nixphire

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 29, 2007, 05:17:46 AM

I wish sheep still worked when people are mounted :(
Insta sheep, slow fall to safty.
Of course you always have the insta pyro, fire blast. That works too. Too bad you can't get your body back 20,000 yards from land.

Buzan

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 29, 2007, 05:17:46 AM

Rofl lmao I remember that.

One of the funniest moments i've had in wow :P.