Haste makes....waste....

Started by Arcdelad, April 01, 2008, 09:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

A lot of the new badge gear, as well as some other high end crafted items like Swiftstrike Shoulders, include a haste increase value on them. So…your in cat form and your attack speed for auto-attack is already 1.0 (fastest in the game without buffs or trinkets or such). Do we need, or even want haste? I wasn’t so sure, so I did some research today, and here is what I came up with. There is not a single, great source of info on this I’ve noticed, so my survey of opinions comes from a lot of different places.

From a pure statistical analysis, one point of haste for a druid carries .98 worth of DPS points attached to it, which makes it easily the lowest DPS producing stat we have.

Haste does not speed up the global cooldown of 1 second on our attacks, which means stacking haste will not make us mangle or shred machine guns. What it does, though, is increases our base melee auto attack speed downward from 1.0. I know that my auto attack at the end of the day contributes 20+% of my total damage, so having more auto attacks is certainly a GOOD thing. Additionally, more attacks means more chances to proc things like hourglass of the unraveller, omen of clarity, ett etc.

The downside, though, is that it takes a LOT of haste to make a noticeable difference, and if you are stacking this that means you are probably ignoring something that may be more valuable to you.

Just FYI â€" these are things I dug into today and kind of summarize my findings.

Nixphire

Spell haste, in fact, does help resto durids a lot, and probably boomkin as well. If you're rolling lifeblooms you can safely keep 3 stacks of lifeblooms up, 4 if you have really really really good lag, well low lag. Having a lower GCD will help reduce the risk of one of those lifeblooms falling off and get another lifebloom or a rejuv on someone else. Tests are still being done to see how much haste it would take to get a 5th stack in.

Arcdelad

who let that resto druid into our feral club?!?

this is meant for ferals :)

Tolwen

Quote from: Arcdelad on April 01, 2008, 09:50:28 AM
who let that resto druid into our feral club?!?

this is meant for ferals :)
lol,   :st paddy bear: (closest thing I found to a bear:D)

Thanks for the info Arc, I always wondered what's the deal with haste :)