Main Menu

DC

Started by Khanus, April 28, 2007, 07:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

So I've been getting alot of DC's today. At first it wasnt so bad about every other hour, then all of the sudden blam once every 2 or 3 min my net would go out. I thought it was my router as it had given me trouble before. So I go disconnect the router from the punch down block, and connect the modem directly to my computer's port on the block.

(I have my house wired up with cat 6, there is an outlet in almost every room sans kitchen and bathroom, and there is 3 in the office. They all go theough the wall into the attic then come down into a closet to a punch down block. From the block to a 10 port switch then to the modem. There's also a wireless router attached to the switch for wireless. Lol people ask why I did this and its pretty much because the TV's in the living room and bed room both have a computer hooked up to em, acting as dvr's, and I'd rather have the desktops and dvr's on a line rather than wireless. Basically what I said in the above paragraph was bypass the switch and used a patch cable to go directly from the modem to the port my desktop is hooked up to.)

Well it worked fine all afternoon then it started cutting out again. I watched the modem for a bit as I was in flight in game, and there it was. The data light would cut out and then the cable light started blinking frantically. I checked the cable connections, everything looked ok. Even went in the attic and checked all the splitters up there everything looked good. Called the cable company, they said its your router. I said I dont have a router. The lady then said she wasnt sure and she'd look into and call me back tomorrow. Grr

un4

Yeah, I noticed that (wb!  ]:D) yesterday... hope that gets sorted out as soon as possible.
un4

Khanus

Yah its very frustrating. Sometimes it will work for hours, then it will drop. Other times it will work for 5 min and drop. Mostly it works until I enter combat lol. :pullingoutmyhairemote: