3.08 PTR Notes for Pally

Started by JohnnieRat, December 12, 2008, 12:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieRat

I have compiled the patch notes for pallies. There are some "hidden" changes as well (reflected in tooltip changes and observed things) that Blizz didn't bother doing a write up on.

Official changes
[blizzard]* Avenging Wrath: Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Hand of Protection, and Avenging Wrath cannot be used within 30 seconds of each other anymore.  Forbearance removed from Avenging Wrath.
    * Divine Protection: The penalty has been removed. So we can now do AW and bubble back to back, but not at the same time
    * Divine Shield: The penalty has been changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% in place of an attack speed penalty. No more full dmg bubbling for PvP... it's now purely defensive so we can heal up
    * Hand of Reckoning(NEW): Available on trainers at level 16.  It’s a 30 yard range taunt that causes Holy damage. Just as it says... we can also ninja mobs at farther range as ret or holy
    * Judgements of the Pure: This Holy talent now increases the damage done by Seals and Judgements.
    * Judgement of Wisdom: Now returns a percentage of base mana instead of a percentage of max mana. 2% of base mana. currently is 1% of max mana. This is a ret and prot buff to mana regen but a holy nerf
    * Sacred Duty: Interaction with Divine Shield and Divine Protection removed, but stamina bonus increased. [/blizzard]

Glyph Change
[blizzard]Glyph of Holy Light -- Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 10 yards (up from 5 yards) of the initial target.[/blizzard]

Talent changes and observed changes and such
[blizzard]Protection
    * Divine Protection The penalty has been removed.
    * Divine Shield The penalty has been changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% in place of an attack speed penalty.
    * Hand of Protection now Cannot be targeted on players who have used Avenging Wrath within the last 30 sec sec.
    * Avenging Wrath now Cannot be used within 30 sec sec. of being the target of Divine Shield, Divine Protection, or Hand of Protection.
Retribution
    * Judgement of Wisdom now give each attack a chance to restore 2% of the attacker's base mana. (Old - 1% of the attacker's maximum mana)
    * Judgement of Light now also procs from ranged attacks.
    * Seal of Blood now deals 27% of normal weapon damage. (up from 22%)
    * Seal of the Martyr now deals 27% of normal weapon damage. (up from 22%)
Talents
Retribution
    * Seal of Command now Gives the Paladin a chance to deal {0.45*Min Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} to {0.45*Max Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} additional Holy damage. (Old - Didn't scale with Spell Power)
    * Vengeance now stacks up to 5 times. (Up from 3)
Holy
    * Judgements of the Pure now Increases the damage done by your Seal and Judgement spells by 5/10/15/20/25%, and your Judgement spells increase your casting and melee haste by 3/6/9/12/15% for 1 min.
Protection

* Sacred Duty no longer reduces the attack speed penalty on Divine Shield and Divine Protection. Rank 2 now increases total stamina by 8%. (Up from 6%)[/blizzard]

Since I'm ret, I'll go from the ret standpoint. It's a buff patch. 5% more damage from seal of the martyr and double the instant mana return from JoW (since our base mana = total mana until raid buffs... and raid buffs don't double our mana pool)

Haderach

i love it, read that in school today, more damage for us!

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Muridin

Just wondering (hey btw) does your Hammer of Wrath still not avaliable till the mob is at 20% or less when the spell itself says 35. i ticketed a GM, but my new server has a long wait time i just abandoned it.

JohnnieRat

Your tooltip should say 20%. It was at 35% in like 3.0 but that was way too early for an execute style move like that.

capnpop

AW change is nice for holy pallies.  It makes AW usable for healing without making us unable to bubble for 2 mins.

The JoW change is hurtful for pallies that would grind using it (mainly pre-80 grinding).  I'd consecrate and gather a group with a seal/judge of wisdom up.  It kept me full for constant consecration and the occasional heals i'd toss on myself.  It is substantially less useful for me now for that reason (although Divine Plea made it unnecessary).

Judgements of the Pure is a very nice change for holy pally grinding.  up to 15% more damage is fantastic.  The biggest problem I still have is that with 1700-1800-ish spell power I'm still doing next to nothing for damage with seals and judgements.  add 15% to nothing and i get a variation of crap for damage...(my consecration does the same dmg as a seal of righteousness hit...)

Muridin

Quote from: JohnnieRat on December 14, 2008, 07:24:51 AM
Your tooltip should say 20%. It was at 35% in like 3.0 but that was way too early for an execute style move like that.

thought as much. my tooltip still says 35%. But i agree that that was too early for a finish off like that. however my HoW crits for 1700 nearly everyimt, against everything.

and capn, what spec you using?

capnpop

51/5/15 is my normal raiding spec right now. 

I may change to 51/0/20 for 3% more crit if enough people have kings.