Cat form druid interupts

Started by Arcdelad, November 28, 2007, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

I dont know if this is a stealth patch change, or due to me wearing [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves[/item], but I was able to use maim to interupt the Shade of Aran's spells just like a rogue or warrior.

Feral charge does this as well, but going bear form in that fight is rough becuase you lose out on percious DPS, and that fight, since he has no aggro table, is all about pouring it on.

Just FYI for feral druids...you can now, I think, be counted as a class that can interupt caster boss types.

Nixphire

Arcdelad

not sure...ill have to try a run with my old ones equipped...i just know previously maim didnt interupt anything on the shade...

Grendeel

I ran into a druid who had this in wsg last night.   First he stealthed (got past my felpup stealth detection of course) and attacked me from behind, immobilizing me.   After i trinketed out and cast howl, he switched to bear form and charged me, while i was casting a spell.  It put all my shadow spells on a global cooldown and i was dead before they were up.

Your gonna see a lot of whining over this weapon if it becomes commonplace in a druids arsenal :P

Buzan

Omg teh druids will be teh overpowered now!

Trismus

Is there anything a druid can't do?

:p
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

KittyPurple

Quote from: Trismus on November 29, 2007, 12:54:43 AM
Is there anything a druid can't do?

um...bathe.... as far as i can tell...

Arcdelad

I lick myself clean prior to every raid

Drygioni

Arcdelad

you every tried to lick bear fur? yech...

i dont have the instan rage / energy talents (i put mine into improved MOTW to help out our raids/runs), but if a druid did have those 5 points and was able to get instant rage or energy when switching forms, you could feral charge (silences), bash (stuns for 4-5 seconds), switch to cat form, mangle (get one combo point), then maim (stun and silence) all while the target is silenced and stunned....

LastDyingBreath

Arc I respect you as a druid, so I'm not gonna be too harsh on you, but get those freaking points back into furor.

Improved MotW/GotW is a very, very minimal increase to the buff. Furor helps you tank and dps better - the raid is helped more by that than the handful of stats you gain from imp m/gotw.  It's also great for pvp.

don't make me bust out the shame stick.

Arcdelad

you do make good points, and I have thought about respeccing for that talent, BUT....

getting 10 rage when I shift into bear does not necessarily make me tank better...it would make me tank non-herioc normal mode dungeons better, where my 43% ish dodge (non-raid buffed) makes it hard to generate rage. I rarely, and only by special request, tank for a normal mode instance. There are a lot of great tanks who need the rep and gear who can tank it much better than I can. The major things that make me tank better are damage mitigation and threat generation, and against the mobs i routinely fight (heroic, kara, ZA, Gruuls) rage generation typically isnt an issue (although I am starting to have some issues with "easy" heroics).

Furor also is big for shift happy druids...which I am not. If im tanking, im in bear form...if im dpsing, im in cat form...if i need to go bear in cat gear than rage generation wont be an issue becuase my gear isnt suited for tanking and that rage bar will fill up easily. If I need to shift out for an innervate, im either in cat form dpsing, and my energy gain level is very fast, OR im tanking a boss and i need to time my innervate right...most bosses hit hard, which means again your rage bar fills fast.

Other than that instant 10 rage (which dwindles down to zero as your waiting for the priest or what have you to be ready), I dont see a PVE reason to get it. There are definitely arena and PVP uses there, where you would shift around more, but I am PVE orientated.

Now, improving mark of the wild by 35% may seem small, but consider the follwoing: this is the best buff in the game, and now you just improved it by over 1/3rd of its potency. We play in an environment where people panic if a buff is about to expire (cant lose those extra stats :), or you got a new item and it DOESNT have that all critical +12 AGI enchant on it. People clearly put a lot of value in additional stats, and rightly so. Imp MOTW improves everyones stats, meaning the raid now hits harder, lives longer, has more mana, and regens mana quicker, among other things. For a 5 man run, sure, the benefits may be debatable, but multiply that stat adder accross 10 people...now accross 25...now accross 40. Thats a HUGE group benefit, considering you just made the entire raid more powerful. Even if, say, it was a small amount per player...small amount per player x 25 = quite a bit.

I dont know about you, but some things that help me tank better are my healers healing more for tic, not running out of mana as fast, and the DPS killing the mob faster :)

Lord Entropy

My druid knowledge is quickly slipping away since mine is still 60 and unplayed for a year, but I remember that exploiting furor through shifting to gain bonus energy could net a nice dps increase in catform.  But maybe the class or mechanics have changed and you don't get much benefit anymore?

Arcdelad

well, but the time you shift out and shift back to get that energy, you would have regened it anyway, and you were autoattacking while your shifting, so i think your losing dps...

Buzan

I beat Arc in a duel as a holy paladin before a Khara run.

True story!