Looking for a new ways of attack rot.

Started by Hugh, March 21, 2009, 04:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh

could some of the dks post your attack rot. and how yall get alot more dps out and then i do cause i do good melee damage but i'm not thinking i'm doin that great compared to wws, i'm blood and anythin helps

Tony

Alright, the good news is that millions of Death Knight's have already done the work for us with stats and research so a little hunting will do us some good.

Secondly, if you look at the individual boss fights in the wws reports, you will see that your dps really isnt that much lower than the other death knights. The over all data says it is, but if you are looking for pure DPS, we need to consider what that is. Damage per second. I know you know what that is so I am not going to explain it =P

If you are looking at total damage than yea, you are lower than a few death knights from last night.

The blood build that you have is the build that I would love to use, but there are a few things that I am lacking in order to do it. First of all that build scales with Armor, and it would be best utilized will Top end gear like Tchofdeath has. The second thing is Hit rating. You are at 6.29% and you need to be at 9%

There are a few 12str gems that could be replaced by 16str gems to increase your AP, but you should stack hit rating before you start stacking str. Once you get up to 9% then you should be good to start stacking str.

As far as hit rotation, I learned from Apolla. Your rotation should be

IT > PS > OB > HS rpd HSx3

I found that rotation worked best for me, and those HSx3 are awesome.

Please correct me if I am wrong with that rotation. I would be curious to know what Tch is doing.

Another thing, if you would consider going unholy, you might see some better numbers. Check the post http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=7373.0 For some info on Unholy DPS. There is tons and tons of data that state 17/0/54 (or variants of that build) are putting up better dps numbers with lower gear than blood.

Rocknlock

Yeah, my rotation is pretty much the same, but changes sometimes from situation to situation. For trash I'll use pestilence in place of my first heartstrike and maybe drop D&D on trash that dies within a few seconds. Like those little spiders we first encounter in the arachnid quarter. Boss fights, always have your ghoul out (unless instructed not to by the RL like for maly.) try to have a full rp bar, target yourself for hysteria, then its: Hysteria, IT, Dancing Rune Weapon, PS, Oblit., HS x2, Blood Tap, HS again, Empower Rune Weapon, IT, PS, HS x4, Death Coil x3 if you have the sudden doom proc active, and 1 last Oblit. before DRW is over. Then just repeat that without the Blood Tap and Empower Rune Weapon. Use death coil to fill in the gaps but don't burn all your rp on those if a HS or Obliterate is available. Also, be sure to use Unholy presence, you'll need the GCD reduction from it. Takes a while to get use to the long rotation but you can practice it on the training dummies in the major cities. Heartstrike cleaves the other dummies in SW and Darnassus, so I wouldn't be watching the numbers if working on those.

As far as gear and stats go, I wouldn't worry too much about sacrificing a lot of stats to get the hit cap. Hit is real important but as it stands right now, I'm about roughly 40 points under the cap and recount shows that I rarely miss at all during our naxx raids. I would swap out the 12 str gems for 16 str gems as Adira said, and swap out the AP gems for str ones. You'll get about 2 AP for 1 point of str so 16 str > 16 ap gem. If you don't already have it, I'd download ratingsbuster addon. It'll tell you what gains/losses you'll get from possible upgrades and you can set it to ignore gems and enchants as well. I'd have to be wearing your gear to see what might be a better way to go. From the looks of it though, I'd swap out the cloak for either cloak of bloodied waters (boe blue drop from h gundrak) or the valor emblem cloak, and check out death-insured sabbatons from ebon blade rep, they have 2 gem slots in them. Hope this helps!

Donnelly

The hit rating cap at level 80 is 8% not 9%. And with a Draenei in the group (which we almost always have), you only would need 7% to be at the melee hit cap. Your spell hit is a different beast though, as Fiere said in another thread, that's around 17%. However, blood isn't as reliant on diseases landing (see: soon to be non-existent diseaseless rotation) so no point in shooting for anything close to that. The blood rotation is pretty easy once ya get used to using it in a raid environment. The damage/dps will be shooting up in no time.

Rocknlock

Hugh

k has for as overall like trash pulls and such i lag alot in 25 mans and cant really move alot so i wonder if that is a big facter with that, cause that is my attack cycle also.

fiere redfern

Yeah, lag can have an impact on how well you dps (or heal or hold aggro for that matter). If you haven't already, I'd suggest turning your video settings down to their lowest value across the board and see if you get any sort of improvement. Personally, I'll sometimes have my camera face the opposite direction of the raid so all I see is an empty corridor - that helps especially on the mass-AE fights. It's an awkward way to raid, but sometimes there's no other choice >.<

Rocknlock

Yeah, I wouldn't concern myself with the overall/trash dps, the boss fights is where it counts. If you're doin alright on those then you're doing things right. A big factor also is the actual time you are dpsing during the boss fights. Certain fights like Maexxna where you get webbed to the wall a few times or Kel where you have to run out for possible ice blocks, cc'ing and all that, your numbers will always drop. So don't compare fights like those to others like patchwerk, gluth or thaddius where you have almost 100% uptime dpsing.