Need some advise/help

Started by Genoism, December 21, 2006, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

I finally bought a Deviantart print account and while I could in theory make everything i have available for print on a lot of cool stuff like mugs, puzzles(even calendars)...and a bunch of other stuff, it would require some work on my part to retouch a lot of the images for prints and right now i just don't have the time to retouch EVERYTHING for prints for each possible combination of what it will be printed on....SOOO with that - can you guys just browse through my gallery and consider what is print worthy? I'm not asking anyone to buy anything just to look over and tell me if its print worthy so I will retouch it for printing.

Here's a list of what things can be printed on, just keep in mind the max i would ever stretch and image is roughly 10%.

For regular prints there quite a few size options some more realistic then others but I can print things in 3 ways-
Glossy
Lustre
Matte

Other things that images are printable on are
Mouse pads (does anyone actually use these things anymore?)
Mugs(im so getting one for myself :D )
Magnets
Postcards
Coaster(what the hell is a coaster?)
Canvas(woot!)

Oh and if you think anything in particular would sell...suggest me a price cuz right now i have everything set to as cheap as possible with the bare minimum of prices so they can cover print and shipping costs and i make a whooping $1-2 of each thing ya thats alot!
Aside for print and shipping costs I make 50% of the base price but considering im no renown artist that ppl are dying to buy works from I would just rather be happier knowning people are buying my pics and hanging/using them and even just getting my name out there :D

ooooh yaaaa and the link to where u can see all this stuff ^_^
http://genoism.deviantart.com   or
http://genoism.deviantart.com/gallery/

just by the way, if anyone likes my stuff enough that they would want a calendar out of my pics i could make one but I think that takes a lot of work and I would only seriously consider making one if people seriously wanted one...i think its also possible to give friends a discount but thats something i would have to ask the printers about.

Lastly! if ANYONE would like for me to put up a picture that THEY have and would want me to stick up for prints or whatever just let me know, if i have time i could touch up the pictures too, if you need to know more about the sizes the picture should come in...im PRETTY sure its somewhere on the site for everyone to see if not just lemme know.