my mind at work

Started by kajunlady, January 08, 2008, 07:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Clanne

HAHA that guy is awesome. Just screams :D
Personal fav is retard check, should try that sometime :p

Luise

I think I must be the queen of the guild for getting lost, forgetting what the boss does or not being fast enough to pick up a Tito/demon/or flying thingiebob from the Curator. My most embarrassing wipe was walking too close to the Maiden of Virtue just after we had all come back after a wipe (red face). Ah...but everyone is so nice and patient.
I do feel bad- because I know how frustrating it is for those that play so well but that's also why I like this guild- they accept and help people with all different levels of experience and eventually we all improve (One day I may even be able to find my way around Kara without getting lost.)

LastDyingBreath

kip!

I have caused wipes through sheer inattention.  Sometimes I like to pull two groups at once without announcing this.  I tried to tank ramparts in three pulls and ran up 10g+ repair bills for the group.  I actively plot ways to assassinate Airplay.  They keep me in the guild despite all this, somehow I think you'll be ok :).

I know you're nervous about TEH ENDGAME RAIDZORZ but it's really not a big deal.  Tanking a raid is exactly the same as tanking a five man.  Except you get to kill 10 people if you're in bear form and forgot you have your "looking fancy" cloth hang out gear on and a fishing pole.  Seriously though, practice your skills in five mans.  You're new to the endgame scene, you'll need to do a fair bit of instancing to even get keyed for kara - you'll need steamvaults, arcatraz, shadowlabs, and black morass.  Black morass needs to be unlocked via Durnholde keep.  You'll want reputation with various groups to get phat lewtz.  This usually means endless instancing for the rep grinds.  There's a ton of really nice plate heal gear available from heroics.  Honestly certain heroics are way above kara in terms of difficulty.  Heroic Durnholde anybody?  Making a tanks bar turn from red to green is the same no matter what your surroundings are. 

I was going to link the "what a healer sees" onyxia picture but google has failed me utterly.  Even advanced searches turned up nothing but freaking dps charts from pos guilds for half an hour, so screw it. 

@ shadow:  I see your soundboard and raise you http://huhuranisserious.ytmnd.com/  <--- not family friendly.

Lord Entropy

QuoteAs long as you weren't making a sandwich or something instead of healing,

I usually make pie instead of healing - is that a problem?

Seriously, I would not worry about it Kajun.  Like anything else, experience makes you learn and the only way to get experience is by making mistakes.  I've been playing this game for a couple of years now and I still make mistakes everyday - usually their not wipe-causing mistakes, but I still do those too on occasion.  I think if there wasn't a chance for things to go horribly wrong, then I'd probably be pretty bored with this game actually.

Arcdelad

if your 80K ahead in threat on a boss that has 20% health left, why not go make a sandwhich?!? :P

kajunlady

thank yall so much for the words of encouragement (spelling?) it means alot, and  im sure ill learn it one day but for the time being im going to stick to my 5-man. i did the steamvaults today and i did pretty good til the very last boss our tank kinda got feared into another mob while i was healing myself  needless to say massive wipe for 4 of us the 2 mobs cam right on us divine intervention ftw! a shammy survived and we didnt have to walk...lol i think i just had the jitters when i realized im FINALLY going to be a 70 after a year+ of finding the right toon and playing all the time.. and at 70 alot of things open up for you. and i always let everyone know that i will be afk ( which seem to happena lot atm due to babies) but so far noone has seemed to have a problem with it.. again thanks for the support

kajun

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

LastDyingBreath

If you're a little jittery about raiding, feel free to 5 man until you're comfortable - But we'll be willing to take you whenever you're ready :).

If anybody ever gives you a hard time about being afk for baby problems, let me know.  I have a four foot long breaker bar made of 404 stainless that would come in handy for a lesson in respect.