This is what I dont like about PvP Epics...

Started by Shadowwolf, July 16, 2008, 04:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Prot warr tanking, which, incidentally is another one of those "If im prot, im putting all 61 pts in there" tanks, and then this with the gloves in Arc...

These people think PvP epics carry over into PvE 1 for 1 for everything and because they are purple they must be better in every way. Yes, admittedly some items carry over in PvE from PvP/Arena, mostly weapons, for druids and other dps classes some armor as well, but eventually in the game you run into a wall where your pvp items do not allow you do play to the potential that PvE items would. Thats why Blizz tries to keep such a strong seperation between PvP and PvE yet I always see people like this in PUGs that think they are gods gift to WoW with thier PvP gear.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Gutboy

Reminds me of that "Rufryder" guy who was 0/0/61 and no Shield Slam...  :-X

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Air

The hunter has slightly more health than the tank...wow
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Shadowwolf

If you think good PUGs are hard to come by on our faction side, imagine Horde. Its 100x worse =P
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

My PvP gear rant:

Every rogue is the same, with mixed arena gear in every slot, Dory's Embrace, PvP trinkets, SSO/PvP necks, and two specs for the entire class.
un4

Vengeance

Cerealbox, next time you see him tell him Hyperlock had extreme fun killing him at the SSO isle
On topic now, I mainly dislike people who get the pvp epics but no trinket...seriously, ive seen so many people with 5/5 s1/2, vindicator and all that but no trinket.

Shadowwolf

That guy was an ass to me in group. I won [item]Five of Lunacy[/item] on a greed roll and he acted like a complete baby, then also called me "gay" because I have Alliance characters. Atop all that, he was awful and whined the whole run about everything. He doesnt follow directions, insisted that he be the one to pull mobs, so the tank had to burn taunts, DPS was atrocious, it was a horrid run. If he flags again, kill him as much as you want, I hate him.

My thing is, even with that guy too, they make the gear so easy to get, these people think its good because its purple. No one understands that the color of the items indicates its quality, not its value or its usefulness or drop rate. [item]23705[/item] has little to no usefulness whatsoever, but Ive gotten so many questions asking where to get it and how badly these people want it simply because its purple.

JohnnieRat

/agree with Dep
The 2 minute trinket is by far the best piece of honor gear you can buy and it's near impossible to PvP (effectively) without it.

Vengeance

Quote from: Shadowwolf on July 17, 2008, 02:07:07 AM
That guy was an ass to me in group. I won [item]Five of Lunacy[/item] on a greed roll and he acted like a complete baby, then also called me "gay" because I have Alliance characters. Atop all that, he was awful and whined the whole run about everything. He doesnt follow directions, insisted that he be the one to pull mobs, so the tank had to burn taunts, DPS was atrocious, it was a horrid run. If he flags again, kill him as much as you want, I hate him.

My thing is, even with that guy too, they make the gear so easy to get, these people think its good because its purple. No one understands that the color of the items indicates its quality, not its value or its usefulness or drop rate. [item]23705[/item] has little to no usefulness whatsoever, but Ive gotten so many questions asking where to get it and how badly these people want it simply because its purple.
With pleasure! 3 dots killed him, so i didnt have to put forth ANY effort to kill him.
Purples are the new greens.

fiere redfern

Quote from: Shadowwolf on July 17, 2008, 02:07:07 AM
[item]23705[/item] has little to no usefulness whatsoever, but Ive gotten so many questions asking where to get it and how badly these people want it simply because its purple.

Well I think it's pretty XD And I've gotten the same questions about it, heh. Yay for "having" a bunch of zeros and ones that look nice  :P

Rocknlock

yI don't have the pvp trinket on my rogue and I do just fine. Just because I can shadowstep, CLoS, and vanish my way out of just about everything lol Another rogue or mace spec'd war are usually my only problems when it comes to movement issues.

Trismus

Coming from someone who built their entire character around PvP gear, I have a few things to say:

1.) Crossover is good for melee dps, mainly warriors. Truth be told, for an MS war s3/4 gear is about as good as you can get until t6 / sunwell level.

2.) Once you hit that crossover, it is pretty much inadequate.

3.) Tanking in PvP gear is a last resort.

4.) I will happily gank anyone you want, whenever it's possible.

5.) If we're playing these guys in AB, how the @#$%& do we keep losing?

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

capnpop

shadow was running with the only other 4 horde on our server...

most of the horde we face are from different servers

JohnnieRat

Yea, our server's horde are nearly non-existent.
And yea, Melee DPS can use PvP stuff to DPS as a sub to PvE gear, Heck I still do and will put on more pieces if the situation calls for it, since we do take a lot of damage sometimes, the bonus stam is real nice... and gearing for us is easy since we really only need 2 stats to DPS.
Like against VR and with Leo last night, I put on a couple pieces of PvP stuff just to put my stam over 12k to make it easier on healers so I had a few more seconds to be able to bleed before death (Can't avoid all the WWs).
My biggest gripe are the extremists from both parties, those who will BG until they have full S1 with no effort on the PvE side (just seems too much like government handouts to me) -and- the people who won't allow anyone with PvP gear into their groups for PvE

ok im done

Shadowwolf

Yea im ok with understanding theres some carry over between the 2. I also know some raid instance drop PvP centric items, like our lovely Lurker kill on Monday which resulted in [item]The Seal of Danzalar[/item] like Khader said, "For when those times in PvP a raid boss happens to show up". What I dont like is people who just PvP for S1 or now S2 and then approach with the attitude "ok im done" and think they are set with gear to kill Illidan. The ease of attainment on these items has created that mindset in many inexperienced players where now thats mostly what you end up seeing in PUGs these days. Yea, ok, S1 will allow you to traverse heroics and even Kara well without too much difficulty, but again, for some classes, it just doesnt work. Like the other night on my hunter when trying to run Heroic UB and our WARRIOR tank was in head to toe PvP items and using [item]31292[/item], he became the 3 hit wonder, 2 hits from the mobs and 1 hit to the floor dead. Needless to say the group disbanded and I never got my daily done.

And yes, sadly, all the good horde basically left Alex, all the morons and children pretty much are left. Theres a few pockets of decent players here and there in the large horde guilds, but for the most part they are few and far between.