Druid Macros

Started by Lord Entropy, January 09, 2011, 03:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Entropy

Hello all!

I thought I'd share a couple of macros I use that make my Druid life much easier.  These two macros let me switch into any form with only two buttons - I personally have them bound to my mouse wheel up and down:

First macro:

/cast [stance: 1/3, modifier: shift] Travel Form
/cast [stance: 1/5] Cat Form
/cast [stance: 3] Bear Form
/cast [stance: 4, modifier] Bear Form
/cast [stance: 4] Cat Form
/cast [modifier: shift] Travel Form
/cast [nomodifier, nostance] Cat Form

So here's what this does.  If you're not in a form, pressing this will put you into cat.  Pressing this and shift will put you into travel.  If you are in cat form, pressing it will put you in bear and pressing it again will put you back into cat.  So you can keep pressing this to cycle between cat and bear. 

Here's the companion macro:

/cast [stance: 3, modifier: shift] Prowl
/cast [nomodifier, nostance] !Swift Flight Form
/cast [modifier: shift] Aquatic Form
/cancelform [nomodifier]

Pressing this while in any form will cancel that form (ie. put you back into your NE/Worgen state).  Pressing it while not in a form will put you in flight form.  If you are in cat form, shift and this macro will put you in prowl.  If you are in the water, shift and this macro will put you in aquatic form.

Here's how I use these macros together.  I have the first macro set to my scroll-wheel down key and the second to scroll-wheel up.  If I'm not in a form, I can simply scroll up for flight or scroll down for cat.  If I need bear, I can scroll down again (if I played a tank I would probably make bear primary or accessible with another modifier key).   If I'm flying around and see something I want to attack, I scroll up to cancel flight, scroll down immediately to go into cat, then scroll up with the shift key immediately to enter prowl.  It's very quick to do.  If I'm in cat and need to go to bear quickly, I just scroll down.  If I'm in any form, I scroll up twice to get back to flight.

Limitations of this setup:

- If I'm in cat and underwater and want to prowl, I have to click the prowl button. That's usually not necessary though.
- I can't go directly into bear unless I'm in cat or travel.  As a cat dps druid this is rarely a problem for me, but for other types of Druids the macros could be modified.

It's possible to add in Boomkin, though I haven't yet done so.

Here's another multi-use macro I use all the time:

/cast [modifier: shift] Healing Touch
/cast [nomodifier, nostance: 1, nostance: 3] Regrowth
/cast [stance: 1, nomodifier] Mangle(Bear Form)
/cast [stance: 3, nomodifier, nostealth] Mangle(Cat Form)
/cast [stance: 3, nomodifier, stealth] Pounce(Cat Form)

If you use this and shift, you'll cast healing touch no matter what form you are in.  If you use this in any form except cat or bear, you'll cast regrowth.  If you are in cat or bear, you'll use the appropriate mangle.  If you're in cat and stealthed, you'll open with pounce.  I mainly use this for PvP and soloing.  I've been meaning to make a PvE version with ravage instead of pounce.

fiere redfern

Nice! Thanks for those, the HT one in particular is something I'd been looking for.