Shattered Sun Pendant of Might

Started by Arcdelad, May 23, 2008, 08:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Depressing asked me the other day how effective it works for feral druids: [item]Shattered Sun Pendant of Might[/item]

I would say it is currently the best feral druid DPS neck avaiable period, whether you or aldor or scryer. Someone did a test run on the scryer procs - here are his results which I think are very much in line with what I have seen myself.

(from source)"I did a test this afternoon, I m a 70 Scryers Feral Drood.

I ve autoattacked a Servant of Grol ( http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=7669 ) at 1.00 speed for 1 hour.

I did :

2037 normal attacks
1796 crit attacks (46%)
for a total of : 3833 attacks

and necklace proc :

47 norm
dmg: avg : 349 max: 367

29 crit (38%)
dmg: avg: 721 max: 754

for a total of : 76 procs

internal CD => 50 sec."

LastDyingBreath

Am I missing something?  if the internal cooldown is 50 seconds, 76 procs would bring 61 minutes 40 seconds of cooldowns (not including first and last procs), don't see how this is possible in 60 minutes of testing time.

Nixphire

He has bad math. It's roughly 3600 seconds in an hour / 76 procs = roughly 47.368 seconds to proc. That doesn't give it a cool down. That would be figured out by finding the shortest amount of time it would take for it to proc. I'm sure it proced maybe once every 20 seconds. And then have a time that it doesn't proc for more then a minute.

un4

un4

capnpop

From WoW head's comments:

QuoteAfter testing on live, it appears to have 45 second internal cooldown (as expected). It can crit, and it is affected by Curse of Shadows (arcane damage). Average damage assuming zero crits is 350/385 without/with the curse up. The proc rate appears to be very reliable as most procs I witnessed happened between 46-50 seconds using only auto attack on a feral druid with zero haste (1.0 attack speed). Using that data you can rougly expect 7.7-8.5 dps from the proc alone without factoring in crits. Not too bad at all.

Also the crit rate is based of melee crit.