Swiftmend and Clique

Started by Tony, January 18, 2010, 10:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Hey there Twilight druids. I started working on my druid again recently, and speced him resto for instance leveling. I have a few questions for those of you that use grid and clique, and a few other general healing (specific to druids) questions.

First of, the grid/clique question that I have pertains to swiftmend. I run a setup where I have the grid party frames, set up with clique. With [spell=18562]Swiftmend[/spell], I have to have someone targeted in order to use it, correct? The problem that I am running into, is throwing a hot on someone, and not being able to target them due to clique. Right click is [spell=774]Rejuv[/spell], and left click is [spell=9858]Regrowth[/spell]. I also have various alt and ctrl combinations. So what I need to do is be able to click on a frame that has a hot on them without targeting them. Am I better off making a macro [target=focus] and just use it on the tank in emergency purposes, or is anyone using Swiftmend with clique and I am just missing something?

The second question that I have, is pertaining with [spell=48438]Wild Growth[/spell]. Should this be up on everyone ALL the time? I mean, it's quite an effecient hot as it doesnt really take very much mana, and coupled with a Rejuv and Swiftmend, I am finding that I dont have time for any Regrowth. Now I know it's all relative to the situation, but my question is more about efficiency rather than priority.

A: Rejuv, Regrowth, Swiftmend
B: Rejuv, Wild Growth, Swiftmend

I know a few of you are using mouseover macros (which would help with my Swiftmend issue), I would like to know if that is more effective than using grid/clique. My only question is, how do you move around? I usually keybind and move with my mouse, but how to you "mouseover" if you are using your mouse to steer? Do you steer with keys now? I think that I am so used to keybinding/moving with mouse for dps, or moving with keys/cliquing on grid for healing, it's gonna be a tuffy doing both.

If you have any mouseover macros, I would appreciate it if you shared :)

Air

Don't need to target someone if you have Grid and Clique.  Just hover your cursor over the persons name in Grid and mouse click whatever heal you want.  I'd suggest getting the extra Grid addon that tracks hots.  This way you can see what hots are rolling on people in the raid.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Tony

Quote from: Airplay on January 18, 2010, 11:53:47 AM
Don't need to target someone if you have Grid and Clique.  Just hover your cursor over the persons name in Grid and mouse click whatever heal you want.  I'd suggest getting the extra Grid addon that tracks hots.  This way you can see what hots are rolling on people in the raid.
I do have that addon to show hots, however, I cannot seem to get Swiftmend to work with a mouseover (which is what clique really does) since it requires a target? maybe? I might be completely wrong, I will have to try a few things when I get home...

Kothnok

Swiftmend only works if you already have Rejuv or Regrowth already on the target (which will then consume it).  I made that mistake before so maybe that's what's wrong with how you are using it. 

Standard healing for me means to hot up the tank and keep them all active, healing others as needed.  Wild growth is a good spell to keep up, but isn't a priority.  I spend more time applying the insta-cast-3-times-stackable heal on the party with wild growth occationally.  I spam wild growth on heavy party dmg tho.  Swiftmend I try to keep back and use to massive heal occationally.  Ill put a rejuv on a party member I think will need a big heal soon (tank always has this hot, so I don't think twice about worrying about tank trouble).

Also, some pally tanks have a mana regen on heal... so keep healing pally tanks even if not hurt to keep their mana pool up if you can keep up with how fast they pull.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Oilslick

Tony,

Try replacing your rejuv spell on your castbar with this macro:

#showtooltip  Rejuvenation
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Rejuvenation; Rejuvenation

With this replacing your spell, you don't have to have a person targeted at all.  It will cast rejuv on whomever your mouse is hovering over, either in the game or in your unitframes.  If you have a target and your mouse isn't hovering over someone, it'll cast on your target.  If you have no target, typically it would cast it on you.  If you wanted, you could also add a shift modifier to ensure it goes to your selected target, maybe even an alt modifier to it for casting on your focus target as well...giving you the ability to have up to three targets to choose from on the fly easily without having to manually target the person you want to receive your heal.

You can do this with pretty much any spell, just replace "Rejuvenation" with the proper spell name.  Doing this has replaced all healbot and clique type addons for me, and allowed me to change who i target for heals faster than any other method or addon i've found.

Of course, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.  It's just something i've found very useful personally and allows me to be independent of ui changes and addon updates when patches occur.