Blizz's Apology

Started by JohnnieRat, November 02, 2008, 04:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieRat

[blizzard]Quote from Ghostcrawler

In light of recent nerfs to Retribution Paladins, we have noticed on the betas that they have become a bit underpowered. A few changes are being implemented to counter this:
-Divine Storm is being switched back to Holy Damage.
-Crusader Strike will now have a chance to stun the target. The reasoning behind this is the removal of Warrior mace stun procs and it really is a mechanic that we enjoy for PvP.
-Consecration will also heal friendly targets within its area of effect for an amount equal to the damage it causes.

We sincerely hope that these changes will help re-balance the Retribution nerfs as of late.
[/blizzard]

Is it April1? Sorry I think Blizz's post would read something more along the lines of
[blizzard]YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET BABY!!!!!!!!! TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!![/blizzard]

Tolwen

uh....
[blizzard]-Divine Storm is being switched back to Holy Damage[/blizzard]
:skull: :tombstone:

un4

Oh, so warriors and rogues can't get mace stun, but PALLIES can.
un4

Trismus

[blizzard]-Crusader Strike will now have a chance to stun the target. The reasoning behind this is the removal of Warrior mace stun procs and it really is a mechanic that we enjoy for PvP.[/blizzard]

,,|,,
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Hugh

Thats really not fair, Crusader Strike has wat a 6 sec cd and if procs everyswing would be no better then a rogue getting you or a warrior, pallies really dont need to have this ability cause of the fact they have hammer shot and also rept. just seems lil unfair, i think these is goin to cause more of a issue then they think.

capnpop

Quote from: hugh on November 02, 2008, 11:03:16 PM
Thats really not fair, Crusader Strike has wat a 6 sec cd and if procs everyswing would be no better then a rogue getting you or a warrior, pallies really dont need to have this ability cause of the fact they have hammer shot and also rept. just seems lil unfair, i think these is goin to cause more of a issue then they think.

[blizzard]-Crusader Strike will now have a chance to stun the target. The reasoning behind this is the removal of Warrior mace stun procs and it really is a mechanic that we enjoy for PvP.[/blizzard]

it won't be every swing, and so far they haven't given any info other than it will be a chance to stun.  it could be a 1-2% chance to stun for 3 secs (enough to actually use an ability that uses stuns to do more damage) or something like that.  i very much doubt it will be regular (maybe 10%) so 1 of every 10 swings or once per minute...

seems kinda fair after they took away SoJ...

Hugh

yea but you got think of it like this as a mage i do really well against paladin til 3.0 and just got good again after nerf. ( fight demo)  use there rept. and judgement instant 2.5k  crusdar strike instant 2k without melee damage which is a good 1k. hammer shot judge another 2k if the crusdar stun and another judge that another 2k not to mention everytime somethin is stun if they use judgement its goin to crit. and mean while they can bubble chase you down and wat not and still wont stand a chance, that one stun off of the crusdar can determine the fight.

If this be the case might as well give back the warriors there mace stun wasnt it like 3% or so? But not rogue they dont need anythin :)

Rocknlock

mages can iceblock and trinket/racial out of a pallies two cc abilities as it is, and they can blink away while running. So I see no reason why a mage should get hit by a paladin, other than a judgement if they get close enough for that.

un4

How about rogues who already can get burnt down in one pally stun?
un4

Belandand

I for one can attest to the argument about getting blown away before hammer of righetousness wears off. BUT, I duel in my pve gear so I have no resil and crappy stamina. I figure if I were to swap to my pvp gear I could stand a better chance.

Some points for consideration- many of the pallies I duel/have seen dueling are human. The latest patch made perception a passive ability ( : (  ). Furthermore, all humans get a new racial talent that is the equivalent to the will of the forsaken. What I don't know is whether or not this racial shares a CD with the corresponding pvp trinket.

I also have a feeling that hammer of righteousness has an improved chance to land because, when I was dueling a friend on his ret paladin, I clos'd but the stun still went through. However, I was having a bit of lag, so I could've actually cloaked after the stun landed.

As for the holy dmg dished out by DS, I don't see why it can't be resisted by popping clos. Other than that, there aren't really many options that come to mind to avoid the DS.

JohnnieRat

Ahem... read the bottom of the original post. Blizz would never rebuff Ret.

This post was fun to read while it lasted... I could almost hear the disbelief of people wondering why blizz would have the duplicity to make ret better

Grendeel

The human racial talent is not the same as will of the forsaken.   Will of the forsaken provides an immunity for 5 secs for cc/slowing effects.  The human racial just removes the effect without any immunity after usage.   Also it shares the same cd as the pvp trinket which provides the same effect.  So basically there is no improvement here other than we can equip another trinket if we so choose.  However, if we do equip another trinket, we loose 40 resiliance.  There isnt a big benefit to this racial in pvp.  In pve, against fights such as Rage,  it is a huge benefit.

As for perception being passive now,  when it wasnt, i often saw rogues coming (with my fel pup out).  Now, even with my fel pup out, it rarely happens.  On ocassion my pup well see him first, but most often he wont.   Id say 99 percent of the time i never see a rogue coming .

Rocknlock

Pallies shouldn't get first jump on rogues unless the rogue is out of stealth. Also the chances of the getting a crusader strike stun on a rogue shouldn't be that high given a rogue's dodge chance, not to mention if the rogue has evasion going like they should. I'd be more worried about judgements.

un4

So I can fight a pally every two minutes (that's talented, by the way) if I expect to have a chance?  I don't think so.
un4