Overbudgeted Leather Caster Helm

Started by Iliessa, December 07, 2008, 12:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iliessa

Before I say anything, I feel that I should apologize to the Boomkins for making this public. I wouldn't roll against you, though.  :)

There is a leather caster helm with higher stats on it then the mail, plate or cloth equivalents. Plus, it's got a yellow socket so you can slap a hit rating gem in there and still get the socket bonus.

Here's the leather one:
[item]Battlemap Hide Helm[/item]

And here are the others:
[item]Brood Plague Helmet[/item]
[item]Helmet of the Constructor[/item]
[item]Crown of Unbridled Magic[/item] or [item]Forgotten Shadow Hood[/item]

I imagine Blizz will fix it at some point. Who knows, but until then.. PEW PEW!!

Shadowwolf

I think what you might be missing on some of the comparisons here is the spirit bonus some classes receive. The leather helm has no spirit stats on it however the cloth helm's do and many classes now receive added spell power and other bonuses from spi stats so those 2 cloth helms actually do measure up comparatively.

Mages have [spell=18464]Arcane Meditation[/spell], [spell=47893]Fel Armor[/spell] for locks and Priests have always received a nice healthy bonus from spirit as well both in regen and in damage.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Iliessa

UPDATE: Blizzard has recognized this and is nerfing it come 3.0.8 :(

Here is what its new stats will be:

Battlemap Hide Helm
Binds when picked up
Head Leather
443 Armor
+45 Stamina
+54 Intellect
Meta Socket
Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +12 Stamina
Durability 60 / 60
Requires Level 80
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 45 (0.98% @ L80).
Equip: Increases spell power by 91.