MC gear - the importance of Fire Resistance

Started by usonian, November 09, 2006, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

un4

Shadowwolf

Thank you for the advice Mag, I think we'll be fine though.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

capnpop

first trash mobs in MC do fire dmg, but not enough to justify that much FR IMO (i went with 0) 

First boss (Luci) does shadow dmg

2nd boss (doggy) does fire dmg but only to the ppl in front of him and the fire pit things he lights up...

I think you're okay until barron...he dishes out tons of fire dmg and not much of anything else, if he were to get into the main group and do his AoE hellfire thing that fire resist will save your life

that is all...

Hinkly

i have been thru all of MC, and Fire resist gear is always important, all trash mobs deal fire damage, even the rock elementals can cause some fire damage.

Rogues suffer teh most because they are the ones up close and personal wearing LEATHER lol...

as yoru main tank the ideal fire resist # if i remember is around 300... that is of course once you start taking on Domo and Rag.

Hunters can deal without alot of fire damage as they usually stay out of the fire damages range, as well as some of teh shadow damage ranges. but i still recomend around 70 -100 FR gear for them, one place to get all if not most of that is the Black dragon set, gives great attack power as well...

Palys and Priests Fire resist gear is a MUST, if you get hit with a fire ball squishies go down FAST, palys can stay up a bit more but its always a good idea to have more fire resist gear

BRD is a great place to farm for fire resist gear,  as is UBRS, if you farm the first boss in UBRS, the fire elemental (cant remember his name off hand pyro something) he drops the cloak which is +20 fire resist and a bunch of other fire resist gear, from rings to gloves.

the best thing to do is to get a couple of your alchemists to start farming the mats, fire pots are easy to make and add a boat load of fire resist, for time. but again it depends on how many alchy's you have.

the best bet is to farm BRD and UBRS for the fire resist stuff.

I dont know how many people you have attuned for MC, but If you want Shadow i can bring my hunter and show your hunters how to pull in there to kinda give you guys a start at it, and any extra warm bodys you need i can try to help fill those spots with people in my guild who have experience in MC from Surumar (my home server :))
help ya with strategys and tips for the trash mobs like the Surgers.

but we can discuss that in detail in game if you would like.

Darkling

For my Rogue, Thingiebob, I have the full Volcanic Armor Set, the UBRS Ring/Key with FR, ONY amulet, and various armor pieces that give me Shadow and Fire resists. However, I am not going to neglect all my stats with this armor on. I know FR is important, but with the stats I have, I do some major damage, and I'm usually able to get out of tight spots.

If any leather wearers want the Volcanic armor, let myself or Shadowwolf know. we can both make it. And the mats are simple. Real simple.