Going to the fleet!

Started by LostWander, July 22, 2011, 02:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostWander

I have been on night classes for the last three months training for my military occupational specialty. I am now a 2847, a Telephone Systems/Personal Computer Intermediate Repairer, which boils down to I fix computers and telephones. I will be station at Camp Lejeune outside of Jacksonville, NC for the next three years. Also, when I report into my new duty station I will be in the Marine Corps for a year.

Icemunch

congratz and best of luck to you!!

Deadlymijo

Your gonna love it good luck

Shadowwolf

Nice, I used to train 2847's years ago when I was in. They had me do training classes when they were considering the merger of MOS's to teach the phone and radio guys where the on/off switch on a computer was. =)

I started my Marine Corps career as a 2818 (which doesn't exist anymore), then got 4066 added to it and filled a billet of 4075 and 4093 by my 2nd year. And for those that dont know what the hell these numbers mean:

http://www.vma-aw-242.com/moscodes.htm

2818 was computer hardware repair technician back when I was in and after I left it merged into 2847 with the Telephone Repair Technicians and Radio Repair Technicians, they made it all one big MOS. I think they were 2811's, i cant remember now...getting older sucks.

I havent been to Lejune in many many years but when I was there, the outside area of base was a bit ghetto and run down with pawn shops and strip clubs as far as the eye could see. Just watch yourself if it is still like that. Back then there was a lot of scamming of Marines going on by the residents there. The base was nice, but the town outside was bleh.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

LostWander

Ya, I heard it's still pawn shops, tattoos palors, and strip clubs all over the place, so I'll watch myself.