Wow, I'm torn for my warrior

Started by Twist, May 28, 2007, 01:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twist

Desecrated, my level 34 warrior is going to be my next to level after Selon.  I am planning for an arms/fury build for Pvp and PvE Dps.  Right now he is going into axe spec for the crit but I am not sure what to do for the endgame.  Originally I planned for sword spec at 70 with the [wowitem]lionheart blade[/wowitem] but I am thinking of changing my mind.  when you compare [wowitem]lionheart blade[/wowitem] to [wowitem]thunder[/wowitem] and [wowitem]lunar crescent[/wowitem] it just doesn't seem as good.  Sword spec "seems" like just a minor increase in dps and since it is the fastest weapon of the three it will have less top end damage.  The mace, having the stamina on it while having agility and strength, has great stats, a nice 3.8 speed for nasty mortal strike hits and I hear when mace stun procs it will generate rage, even if the mobs is immune to stun.  Only hang up is, the stun will not work on bosses, that's where it lacks a little bit compared to the sword and axe.  And finally the axe... this is the most "interesting" looking, and not really in a good way...  But the Crit chance is very nice and so it the attack power which is very nice.  More crits, more damage.  So I am really torn on what to do.  I have time to think about it and I wanted to see what some others thought.  I know that harddrive/geno is swordspec and he likes it.  But I hear a lot of warriors choose axe/mace over sword saying that it is lower in dps.

*wall of text crits you for 10k points of boredom*

Heh, hope someone reads this =P

Arcdelad

whatever you do stay out of the arenas :P warlock in the group? piece o cake...mage? <insert Mortal Combat "Toaaaasty"> Shammy? fahgetaboutit...

Arms / fury warrior with that attack on me everytime i dodge? YEOUCH...we could use less warriors in the arenas....hehehe

Vengeance

its WEIRD to see 911 and a bear under it!

Gutboy

Quote from: Vengeance on May 28, 2007, 06:07:39 PM
its WEIRD to see 911 and a bear under it!

Stephen Colbert wouldn't agree...  :o

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Twist

heh, so any thoughts about which spec?

Khanus

Well, as of last patch sword spec only procs on Yellow damage attacks. They claim this will increase a warriors overall damage but it will proc less. Also, there is no rule that states you have to "spec" into any weapon class.  I chose swords because I personally like swords the most out of all styles of weapons. The mace stun effect is killer for PvP and it seems to proc quite often. You can always enchant to pick up the slack your weapon of choice may have compared to other weapons. Really, the weapon you choose(as far as the Master BS weapons) is about personal preferance. For massive MS burst damage I'd go with the mace, because its super slow, and also has a good deal of stats on it. I wouldnt choose the axe, because IMO agi is better than %crit. So I'd think it's between LH and Thunder. Choose the one you like the best and sepc for it if you wish. Also while leveling your warrior it might be a good idea to leave weapon spec out so you dont feel obligated to use one style of weapons. Hope this helps you in your decision.

Twist

Thanks for the advice yak.  As far as leveling, I'm poleaxe spec because there seems to be quite a few axes I can use till 70.  The crit rating on the axe gives around 2.1% chance to crit I think, according to thobot, so that's a decent amount when you add in the 5% from the poleaxe, 5% from cruelty and whatever agil/crit you can find.  I saw a warrior with 1600 ap and a 34.75% chance to crit  :o and that's just nasty! Granted they had quite a few epics... lol.  So swords can only proc off of heroic strike and slam and others like that?  I thought they changed it to appear in yellow so it was more noticeable.  I'll have to go back and read it.  But yeah, the mace is nice, and stage two of the mace looks killer and has a stun on it to begin with.  But the lionheart is a cool looking one, I'll give ya that  ;D  I'll do some more research... haha