Protection DPS

Started by khader, September 27, 2008, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khader

Anyone else have a protection warrior on beta?

I've not done any real serious playing or extensive theorycrafting but my DPS on beta is easily 5x what it is on live as a protection warrior.  Without buffs I'm getting 3.5k Shield Slam crits!!!  On live I'm lucky to get 1.8k on raid trash with full buffs.

Thunder clap damage is way up - seems like it might even hold aggro on a group of mobs for more than the blink of an eye.

Shockwave - its fun.  The stun part is likely to be less useful on higher level instance and raid mobs but the damage is there.  Seeing up to 1.5k crits.

Putting on my DPS gear and wielding a 2h weapon is doable.  Getting Heroic Strike crits for 2k and Shock Wave crits for 2.5k.  On live with the same gear I'm lucky to get occasional crits for 1.5k - usually around 800-900.

Protection has definitely gotten a DPS boost.  Just hope it isn't nerf'ed to nothing as Blizz gets a look at Protection warriors in high end gear and deems them too OP'ed.

Gutboy

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington