Windows 7 Ultimate

Started by Avelandra, June 18, 2010, 06:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avelandra

So, I got a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate from my University for real cheap (10.69), and I am wondering if its worth installing over XP. I hear a lot of good things about it, but does anyone have any other opinions on it and how it plays WoW, driver issues, and their ilk?

Thanks all
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

dharq

I've been running it since late last November (right after t-day). No problems at all. 55-60 fps in Dal most evenings, and I've had zero driver issues.

Shadowwolf

Ive really not had any problems, it does however seem to respond unfavorably to multiple copies of WoW if you try and mulitbox tho. Ive experienced some lag whenever I do that.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tony

I wasn't aware it was possible to upgrade to 7 from XP? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can only upgrade from Vista.

Avelandra

You are correct; I have to do a custom install; but since I keep windows on a seperate partition for just such a reason.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

dharq

Quote from: Shadowwolf on June 18, 2010, 11:04:54 AM
Ive really not had any problems, it does however seem to respond unfavorably to multiple copies of WoW if you try and mulitbox tho. Ive experienced some lag whenever I do that.

Shadow, are you running WoW in windowed mode? I found that alleviated all of the lag issues when I have multiple copies up.