Printer install issue on Vista 64-bit

Started by dharq, August 11, 2010, 07:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharq

Ok, not specifically WoW-related, but I'm trying to fix this printer install issue for Lyte's sister...

Fresh Vista 64-bit SP2 install. Tried installing the drivers for this printer from the CD. Failed. Tried downloading and installing every Vista 64-bit driver from the manufacturer's website. Failed. None of the driver install packages would even finish installing the drivers on the machine without erroring out. Verified that administrative/install privileges were not an issue. Every error ended in a forced restart of the system.

I'm pretty much stumped here. I've never seen a driver installer from a manufacturer that simply would not install on a clean installation of the operating system that it's supposed to be created for. Any suggestions?

Urmyboyblue

a hammer and a new better printer! what brand, i know HP has been having a lot of issues with there drivers....seen a lot of them come back to Office Depot....more then any other brand.

have you removed the old drivers? sometimes it still tries you use them if you didn't instead of the new ones, even if you override. might try uninstalling everything and trying again. with the ones on the web site.

if nothing works, Duck tape it! it fix's everything!

dharq

Unfortunately, it's a fresh install, no old drivers exist to uninstall. :(

Air

"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

dharq

Kothnok

so you're trying to install the epson13306.exe ?

Make sure you are running under administrator and turn off any AV you may have running (it can interfere with Vista installs).

Also make sure you do not have the printer plugged in to the computer.  If it's a usb printer and you plugged it in before you installed the drivers, it may have installed some kind of default ones.  I just installed this driver set on my Vista 64 sp2 with no problems (but I don't have the printer at all).  Software didn't fail, if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Air

Plug the printer in and turn in on.  See if Vista will detect it automatically.  Run windows update to see if there are any drivers available.

Site for drivers I found was http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=106004&prodoid=63075469&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

I'd try the epson12803.exe and epson12802.exe ones.  Do the 64-bit first, than 32-bit if that fails.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers