Downloader error

Started by Grendeel, September 16, 2010, 05:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendeel

I see the blizzard downloader is operating in the background again.  However, this time i get an error message each time it attempts the download.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Apparently, the tech forums are saying it has something to do with IE.  I find it annoying that blizzard is forcing me to use IE for this and not mozilla....grrrrr.  I know ive done a few things to block IE from working on my computer, including disabling the browser portion of explorer in add/remove programs.  I suspect i could reverse all my settings to correct my issue, but its been so long since i made the changes, it would take some time for me to do it (if I could remember all the  changes I made :P ).

Is anyone aware of a simpler way to get the dowloader file?

Shadowwolf

Its likely patch 4.0 they are pushing. I wouldnt worry about it, ill have it up here the day its released for manual download. I stopped using the background downloader 2 years ago when it kept lagging me.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Grendeel

Ah ok thanks

I wasnt sure what the file was for. I guess i'll wait for your downland.  Thanks in advance!

Grendeel

Heh.  I guess blizzard got too many complaints cause, while logging on, i auto d/l a patch.  The blizz downloader is working again.  I guess complaining sometimes does work!   lol

Mystee

I was having trouble downloading also:(....I closed out of all my open programs and then retried and it worked. I am not sure why it worked but it did..WOOT!!...:):)

Oilslick

it's not even launching on my Win764 installation.

Maruden

I was having problems with it as well, did the WoW repair(files only) and it worked after.

"When William joined the army, he didn't like the phrase "fire at will!""