Raif's new system but with errors =(

Started by Raif, April 09, 2011, 08:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raif

Quote from: Raif on April 08, 2011, 07:16:49 PM
OK

Ive bought and paid for all the parts on my new Beast, im just about finished putting her together, wish me luck

CPU
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103913

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131667

Video Card (It's physically HUGE)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-150-517

I put in 8 gigs of ram with a 1000W 80+Gold Psu and a 120 Gig SSD drive for the OS and a 1 TB drive for everything else

Now i cant get wow to load, everytime i try to load CATA i get the dreaded Blue screen(of death) and a crash, i sent a message to bliz, they said its probably my memory(which im fairly certain it isn't) Last time i had this happen it was a graphics driver issue, but i cant seem to figure this one out

Shadowwolf

I wouldnt rule out RAM being the issue even if its new and everything else seems ok. You can test it with this

http://www.memtest86.com/

If it passes, then yea, its prob something else.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Raif

i ran the windows 7 memory diagnostic tool, and it found no problems
driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
Is the BSOD error i keep getting

Shadowwolf

give me the exact full message of that, all of it, including the 000x00etcetcetc and I can tell you exactly whats causing the BSOD

Also, what ver of Windows 7 is it, and how much memory is in the system. I ask because some earlier releases minus hotfixes have issues with more than 4GB of RAM and there are individual hotfixes to download to fix it. I had the same problem on mine.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Air

"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

dharq

I wouldn't rule out the video card. For some reason, my ATI card runs fine on everything for days with no issues.. but when I play a game the system just crashes. I've ruled out everything else including the PSU. Lyte's machine doesn't have the same issue, and the only difference between our machines is the ATI driver. The thing is, the crashes aren't predictable. The only pattern I'm kind of seeing is when I'm in areas with a lot of blues.

If you have an extra Nvidia card somewhere that will work in the machine, it might be worth swapping them out and testing with it.

Shadowwolf

According to the error readout you gave me, its a network card/driver issue. I need the actual crash dump files to analyze the exact driver thats causing the error. Thats why its crashing when WoW loads, it has to use the windows network calls to connect to the server, so every time it does, its causing that driver to throw an error to windows. Its either a bad driver, corrupt driver, or conflicting driver. If you attach the dump files to this thread, i'll read them and tell you exactly what the issue is and we can more than likely fix it easily with a change of driver or even an uninstall of something.

You can find your crash dump files here:

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Windows\Minidump

Just attach the last 3 most recent ones so I can be sure its the same thing causing the crash and not a few different things all working against you that look like 1 thing. The files start with a date prefix for their names, its usually monthdayyear-#####.dmp

Raif

Ok, so i went to send you the dump files. But stupid windows 7 said i didnt have permission to send them. So i was trolling google trying to find out how to send them, and found that my board there were a few issues with the NIC

So i forced an install of network drivers, and crossing my fingers, im hoping no more BSOD

I sent a message to a friend of mine, and before i installed i was using
11.4.7 (i think)
I uninstalled it from the device manager and installed the 11.7.32.1003 version

Crossing my fingers