Computer problems

Started by Jilinna, October 30, 2009, 11:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jilinna

hey guys,

Okay so i knew my computer was bad and needed to be replaced but today when i was logging onto WoW, the screen turned into multiple stripes of colors and started making a noise so i shut off the power and turned it back on. Thinking thats all it needed, mind you i probably made it worse, instead when i turned on the screen now all icons and computer resolution was huge and was still multiple colors. i really think its broken for good this time or i need to replace my graphics card or something but i really dont know, im not that computer swavy as you can tell  :P So was wondering if anyone could identify the problem because im not really sure whats wrong :S

here is a screenshot to help explain the problem;

Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

Shadowwolf

Thats a definite graphics card issue. Looks like its going bad and on its way out, no telling when itll die completely.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Jilinna

/sigh, at least i know whats wrong with it now, thanks shadow :) so my only solution is probably replacing the graphics card.
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

Deadlymijo

this may help but not sure if does ( draw back and round house kick it ) works on mine sometimes

Haderach

yeah definitely a graphics card issue, sounds like what happened to me except instead of multicolored striped my screen just went black :X

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Jilinna

lol deadly its ok i dont need to round house kick it, i got someone to pick me up a new graphics card and everything seems to be working just fine now  :Pumpkin:
-PLATO

Sethrow

lol awsome it's fixed but i still have to agree with mijo on the round house kick maybe a few elbows would of been my first thing to try lol