Started by Tony, December 11, 2009, 12:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Berfore Anub, when people fell in the water, they would DC

Apparently, this is a fix

[blizzard]

* 0. 3.3.0 PTR Graphics change   10/01/2009 06:38:49 PM PDT

quote reply
This information is in reference to the Graphics changes mentioned in the 3.3.0 Patch notes.

We have added a new experimental feature to the D3D graphics engine to improve texture management (particularly on Windows XP). This is currently enabled by default on the PTR and can be reverted to the original behavior by adding the following line to your Config.WTF file:

SET gxApi "d3d9"

Also, the configuration variable 'textureCacheSize' is no longer used with the new backend. To set the cache size for the new backend, adjust the 'gxTextureCacheSize' variable. For example, to allow 128MB of GPU memory to be used for textures, add the following line to your Config.WTF file:

SET gxTextureCacheSize "128"

If 'gxTextureCacheSize' is set to 0, the client will try to pick a reasonable default value for your settings.

Please let us know about your experience with the new backend.

[ Post edited by Dresorull ][/blizzard]

Link to MMO champ http://www.mmo-champion.com/interface-macros/someone-help-please/msg1862411/?topicseen#new
Link to Blue http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=20126978839

I would be curious to know if the people that dc'd were using XP or not

Emmalina

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

kmm777

Trismus

Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Raif

Dc'd during the fall, and am on xp pro

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Artrubian

im using Windows 7 Proffessional and i had no issues what so ever

Shadowwolf

I've not yet tried ToC25 at the water area, but I did make this adjustment to my config file for wow as per some suggestions on forum posts elsewhere to resolve some video lag.

SET gxApi "d3d9ex"
SET gxTextureCacheSize "256"

I saw a better improvement on my framerate and I dont lag as much in the raids as I did right after the patch, so *maybe* this fixed my issues, idk. I might fiddle with the gxTextureCacheSize size some still to find a happy number, I wasnt able to find any suggested values for video card ram/machine ram or anything anywhere, so I took a stab at 256 for my first try.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

k, correction, dont do this change. I have no idea what it was but dear god my frame rate in ToC was atrocious. I didnt DC on the fall but I could barely see wth was going on all night in fights. The only thing that changed was the video settings I mentioned above so I can only surmise that was the cause. Will post more when I can verify.