The Big 3.0.2 Broken Addon's Thread

Started by Shadowwolf, October 15, 2008, 02:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

You have to copy and paste them like you would if you were typing a document
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

elsabet

I never see them though.  I must've turned notification off somehow and can't figure out how to get into the settings.

Kothnok

Blizz Options (computer icon)> Help (last menu on left)> Display LUA Errors (check the checkbox).

EDIT: Elsa,
Quoteunknown program - keeps saying "fatality" in some stupid annoying baby like voice.
This program is BugSack.  It's the file called error.wav located in the Media folder under the BugSack folder in your addons folder.  If you hear that sound, it means you got an LUA error and need to check BugSack for the message. 
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Rocknlock

Titan Panel - may be a wow issue but the bottom actionbar (the one with hotkeys 1- = and all the bags on it) will sometimes drop below the bottom titan panel bar.

Xperl - sometimes won't display buffs under my character portrait, as well as not letting me right-click them off.

Shadowwolf

Latest update to Xperl i posted today fixes the buff problem
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Fleecy

Here is that error I was telling you about Shadow:

[2008/10/19 02:26:17-6-x32]: SolarianAlarm\SolarianAlarm.lua:130: attempt to call global 'GetPlayerBuff' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

---

Kothnok

In case others have run into this problem with BigWigs, I'm posting about it and it's fix.

BigWigs has been giving me the following error:
Quote from: BigWigs Error MessageLibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0.lua:39: LibDBIcon-1.0 requires LibDataBroker-1.1.
The library it can't seem to find is indeed included with the addon, so why can't it see it?  I found that in order to fix my problem, I had to edit the addon's *.toc file to explicitly tell it to look for that library.  If you don't see this error, great.  Apparently, this bug is completely dependent on what addons you have and what order they happen to load into WoW (ie. the library might already be found to be running when BigWigs gets loaded, so there's no error that time).

In order to fix the above error, I had to edit the BigWigs.toc file:
## SavedVariables: BigWigsDB, BigWigsFubarDB

Libs\LibDataBroker-1.1\LibDataBroker-1.1.lua   <- ADD THIS LINE in between the two shown here.

embeds.xml

Alternatively, you can overwrite the file with the one attached.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

The latest ver of Bigwigs claims to fix this rare error.