Another Vista/Win7 Latency Fix

Started by Shadowwolf, March 17, 2010, 04:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

So...since upgrading to Windows 7, my latency has sucked. I was going to rip a hole through the Comcast guy, but I decided that since the problem got worse right as I changed OS for what I play WoW on, the 2 were likely related.

I did the fix here: http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=6964.0

And it helped a little, but I still was in the 200 range with a TON of cast lag almost constantly.

Poking around the net I came across this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

Being skeptical since its not really an "addon" but a VBScript that makes adjustments to the TCP stack in Windows, I was wary. Looking through it though I didnt see any code that was questionable so gave it a try. So far, cast lag is gone and my standard latency has been hanging solid between 60 and 80 so thats a significant improvement. I cant swear by this being a fix for everyone, but if youre at wits end trying to fix high latency issues, this might be a potential solution.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Cottonbaler

Do both fixes, or just the second one?

Thank you!
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Friends help you move...
...REAL friends help you move bodies.

I Believe In Making Sacrifices. Can I Start With You?

Shadowwolf

Theres only 1 file to run

Install.vbs

The other stuff is either a removal of what it does or to check if its been installed.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Oh nvm, i see what youre asking. I would do both fixes yes. The first post and then this script download.

Tony

Went from ~250 to ~100

Win7 Ult x64

Jilinna

yes, this seemed to help my latency get back to normal. thanks :)
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

Zario

Down from ~250 to about 50-60.  Thanks again for finding this.