Cat rotations!

Started by Tolwen, December 04, 2008, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolwen

I know there are a lot of threads going on about druid rotations and stuff but I wanted to see what rotations do you use. Specially with the new ability, savage roar.
What i've been trying to do is keeping rake and mangle up, shred, shred then put up a 5-6 point rip(keep these up for the whole fight) then do a 4-6 point savage roar depending on the how long the fight lasts and after that a 5-6 point FB+ Repeat. O0
Oh and of course keeping up ff if I'm the only druid.

P.S. Yes, we have more than 3 buttons to push now!

Vengeance

If you have a warrior, I'm pretty sure the rotation should look something like this...
rake, shred 'till 4-5 points (theres no 6th one man  :P) rip
when berserk is up, and your low on energy, TF-berserk after both rake/rip is up, then go wild. FB is generally not used unless you've got TF up
For now, thats all I know

Tolwen

oops yea I meant 4-5 points where i said 5-6...

Oilslick

mine is completely situational really...and composition dependent

i use tiger's fury...alot

trash with high hp or armor:
i mangle once, savage roar, rake, shred, tiger's fury, shred till four points, rake, rip

cheaper trash:
old school mangle mashing w/ a fury thrown in when i run out of energy...if it lasts for more than a few secs...i roar after the first mangle get behind and shred...when i run out of energy i just wait till i've got enough for a bite and that usually is the killing blow...if it's obvious it won't be the killing blow, i try to keep rake up and be patient

boss, same as high hp or armor but i put the roar in once i've got 5 points and then try to keep all my dots/debufs rolling at all times...though some bosses are all about burst with their quick phases - not much you can do on these but have a combo point to spare before the phase change so you can roar as soon as he comes back to phase one and save yourself a little energy

i never cash in at 4 points on high hp/armor mobs, always 5, and even if i've got 5 points - if it's a trash mob with ~15k hp or less left - i'll rake -> fury -> ferocious bite

this changes depending on hits/misses and whether or not it's a bear tanking doing the mangle for me...essentially i try to make sure that i always have my savage roar buff, that there's mangle up there and try to time it so my last combo point is a rake with a mangle debuff present on the mob

Oilslick

oh, wanted to add...on multi mob aoe tanks...i find myself cashing in my first mangle for roar then:

mangle, rake, rip, tab target - mangle rake rip  - tab target, repeat
I pay no attention here to how many combo points i've got up prior to the rip, and i use fury to get energy back without a second thought every chance i need to...the cd is minimal.

i find i keep very well with the aoe dps this way and don't feel nearly as useless

Arcdelad

even though i am tank specced, two glyphs i think are critical for cat dps (And i have both) -

glyph of rip - extends rip duration by 6 seconds, meaing it does an additional 6-7k damage (since rip is ticking for 1-1.5k a tic now), and it last longer letting you use another finisher before having to re-apply rip...
glyph of mangle - extends the duration of the mangle debuff, which lets you do more shredding and less mangling

IF mobs are dropping fast, my rotation is mangle, rake, shred, tiger's fury shred to 5 combo points and FB...with the bleed up and 5 combo points FB is critting for me between 12k-15k, and thats bear specced without the 15% bonus from the tier 1 talent...

IF mobs are lasting longer, or there are 2-3 mobs, my rotation is mangle, rake, savage roar, tiger's fury, shred to 5 FB, move to next target after death...

For bosses OR a mob that has a huge amount of health, my rotation is mangle, rake, shred to 5, savage roar, shred to 5 rip, reaply mangle, shred to 5 FB, shred to 5 rip, shred to 5 savage roar...i get a LOT of crits, so i generate combo points pretty easily, defintiely fast enough on a boss to get a full 5 pt FB in before rip needs to be reapplied...

it also helps the OOC dings a lot hehehehe

My stats right now (just motw):

6400 AP
35% crit, or 39% if i do a pure cat spec (that takes the 4% crit talent in resto)
259 hit (hit capped)
22 expertise i think...not sure though