After the Nerf Specs

Started by un4given_one, December 07, 2006, 06:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

Name says it all.

Mutilate works, sub doesn't.  Combat I'm scared to even try.
Current:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-rogue/talents.html?3053221050021325015013200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

70:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-rogue/talents.html?3053221050021325015013200550100040000000000000000000000000000000000

Might change the 70 if they fix stealth.

This is playable.  Not as efficient as combat daggers/sub pre-patch, but it works.
un4

Darkling

As much as I want to respec, CoS saved my life twice tonight and i had the use of vanish quite a bit to stay alive in ZG. Somehow or other, I topped the damage meters (still trying to figure that one out). In any case, as sucky as this spec is for pvp, I am going to keep the spec I have now because my survival in instances has jumped about 80%. So..

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-rogue/talents.html?3040000000000000000000000000000000000000000005500030333321010531051

is where I am now. I may respec to this for combo point purposes:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-rogue/talents.html?3022000000000000000000000000000000000000000005500030333321010531051

dharq

Wow, that's kinda what I was wondering TB....

What it seems is that rogues' burst damage was brought down a bit, but your damage over a given period of time must've stayed fairly high (or maybe even higher being that you topped the chart)... I know that's what happened to my feral druid as well. The lower crit rate means that I don't crit as often as I did before, and I'm waiting on energy a bit, but where my white damage was hitting for around 300 on a crit pre-patch, it's hitting for 400-500 now (and claws are hitting for almost 550 on a solid crit).

It seems like perhaps they wanted us to be more reliant on steady damage instead of burst, so even though the crits aren't flying as often, we'll still be high dps machines.

Darkling

un4

Mutilate I like.  It does ~ the same damage that BS did pre-crit nerf but it gives two combo points (third from SF if I crit).
un4

Darkling

This spec is just awesome. I can stunlock now with it. And the damage is extraordinary. CB+Mutilate....

Shadowwolf

You guys really didnt get a nerf, lol. I know it seems like it, but they just shifted your damage to be inflicted differently because OMG do I get owned on Ayrn in the BGs. Was highly unfun, had 2 rogues just keep camping me.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Quote from: Shadowwolf on December 10, 2006, 10:06:17 AM
You guys really didnt get a nerf, lol. I know it seems like it, but they just shifted your damage to be inflicted differently...
...and thus destroyed the subtlety tree.
v76
un4

dharq

True, but you kinda had to expect it.. after all if the subtlety tree had all the dps & utility it had previously, it'd be way outta whack now.

Like I said the day the patch went in, da** blizzard for actually building talent trees that are appealing and make us make hard spec decisions

un4

Well, half of what I liked about the class is the versatility.  When I picked a talent tree, it actually made a difference in how it played.  I had more choices than any other class I've played.  Now, not so much.

Da** Blizzard for forcing us into our mold too.  The old specs gave us options.
un4

Darkling

They did take that ability to spread the points ou tamongst the talents. Seems like they did that to the majority of the class talent trees.

Blizzard, from what I heard, was supposed to give us 'options' as to how to utilize your character. In doing what they did, we have an option of being 3 types of each class it seems. Rogues, well, you're either gonna be sub for survival, assassin for max burst dmg, combat for steady dps combat. You can't 'cookie cut' anymore. Even getting to 70, it's gonna be the same way. You are one or the other - not mixed.

I'm working to do the best I can do with pure assassination. My only advice to everyone is to do just that or your gonna respec for life.

And Luise, I'm gonna own your son next duel... ]:D

Lynette

Okay, Thingie.  I'm sold.

Gonna respec to this today. 

Darkling

I'm not saying respec. What I am basically saying is do what you are comfortable with which is more than likely what you are used to doing.

As sub, I enjoyed Cloak of Shadows. It gave me almost 100% advantage over any casting class. But the damage drop was substantial enough for me to look at assassination. I tried combat before and hated it with a passion because that is not what I was used to nor comfortable with. Before the patch I was Assassination/Sub with 3 points in combat (imp gouge). I enjoyed it and I was also used to the two talent trees. So being sub was fine with me and now being assassination is fine with me.

I miss premed/prep cause of the instant cooldowns I could have, but when you are in a battle almost constantly, those 5-min cd's don't seem that long anymore.

Un4 and I went assassination with some differences and I know Suslik recently respec'd to combat sword/mace. Where others went, I don't know because they don't brag as much as Un4 and I do :) It'd be nice if other rogues would post their talents here.

Lynette

I've been looking to respec after 2.0, as my rogue was mostly subtlety/combat for questing/solo purposes for many, many levels.  I don't PvP and I anticipate primarily playing her in raids/groups with the guild and want to enhance her dps.  Therefore, I've been looking for an assasination build with the new talents and the one you posted made sense to me. 

I made a few changes, though.  I'll post my build in a subsequent post.

Now, I just need some new daggers.

Arcdelad

well...when your ready for scholo, ubrs, strat, and such let me know lynette...i will always be available to help gear you up