Rogue specs

Started by un4given_one, August 06, 2006, 10:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

un4

Interesting.  I'm finding that I'm not relying on imp sap as much any more, so if I were to go combat/sub, this would be my spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xbZGcEz0EzZE00s
un4

Darkling

Ok, got rid of that spec. Here is what I went to. Similar to what I had before with a minor change: Setup.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ihe0oZhZE0ccIGkqo

un4

Setup without GS? O.o
I'd ditch hemo in favor of that, personally   :Ghost:
un4

un4

un4

Darkling

looks like a great one for a lot of damage and a little survival thrown in (imp sap - you must miss it).

un4

So much.  I couldn't live without blade flurry any more though.  I miss prep at times, but it's not too hard to work around it.

The real advantages to this build are the (return - yay!) of the burst damage from ambush crits, the +10% crit chance with daggers, the +5% parry/riposte combo, and the OH damage increase while retaining blade flurry and imp sap.
The downsides are lower staying power than my current and lower burst damage than a premed build.  All in all, I think it'll be worth it so I'll respec to this next time I'm on before gradually advancing to this.
un4

Darkling

un4

That's essentially what I have now, and I find that it's solid all around.  I miss a few things from sub, so I'm swapping back over to DPS the hell out of everything, but that should work wonderfully  :)
un4

Darkling

On that, I decided to forego Backstab because he is going to be a straight up sword user.

un4

Works well with your gear too.  I've thought about it, but I'd miss backstab and ambush so much...
un4

Darkling

SS and eviscerate with dual swords more than makes up for the loss of bs and ambush dmg bonuses.

un4

I've heard that sword rogues tend to out DPS us.  What about you?
un4

Shadowwolf

I think youd be correct there. My rogue is all swords and I do some insane amount of damage. My swords are a lot slower than daggers so im not as effective on casters for slowing them down, etc but I can take down elites quite a few levels above without a hitch and am always waaaaay ahead of everyone in groups on the charts and my swords arent even twinkish yet, just regular greens not even enchanted.

This is the talent route im planning to take on my rogue and see how it pans out. For me, shes going to be mostly a farmer character so Im not worried too much on her performance in groups at the higher levels. Thats the reason for the good amount of talents in Sublety (/sap, mine, stealth, on to the next vein).

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/rogue/talents.html?305020003000000325005000005000000050225010030000000
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess