Unpleasant DM North PUG

Started by Shadowwolf, November 16, 2006, 05:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

So, if anyone here has an opportunity to play with a Warlock named "Lived" from Enigma, um, might want to watch yourself.

I took Nahi to DM North and zoned her in while waiting for the other 3 members to show up, Lived was with me. I stepped away from my computer for about 3-4 minutes to get a drink and came back to my corpse.

No one bothered to explain to me how I died, I had to check the combat log to see what happened and it turned out this idiot warlock decided to try and solo that 1 ogre pat that walks back and forth. When he realized quickly there was no way he could down him, he feared him to try and give him an upper hand, apparently he must have feared him into the group on the left or right of the door because more then 1 came to attack. He zoned out unscathed, me on the other hand met a quick demise from multiple attacks.

What makes this bad was when I called him on it he immediately got defensive. Then I told him he owed me 60s for that 10% durability I lost due to his immaturity and thats when he did himself proud. Not only did he proceed to curse me out repeatedly, he felt the need to add to that all how he hopes I "get cancer and die" and it just goes on from there. Needless to say I left without even starting DM North but I thought I would post this bit of info because it was just the thing to ruin my mood for the night and I would hope it doesnt happen to any of you and cause the same.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

voctovian

Sorry to hear that Shadow.  There seems to be a trend... almost any time I have run in a PUG with a member of an "End Game Raiding" guild, it has been a near total disaster.  Usually they get pissed off and intentionally DC, or spew a stream of profanities that makes me very uncomfortable.  I do have some friends who are the exception, but this is all too often an occurance.

Dont let the jerk get you down.  It was very silly to try to solo one of those ogres, they hit like a ton of bricks.  Hehe, that might be the best way to kill a lock... MC an Ogre :)

Voc

Arcdelad

yeah...thats really unfortunate shadow...although...if there is a silver lining to that, its that we are pretty damn lucky to have so many good people in twilight to where its easy to fill a group, and you are guaranteed not to have that happen to you...

Kothnok

Sorry to hear that Shadow. :(

I was thinking about going there with you when the world got all distant and fuzzy and next thing I remember seeing is the "You have been disconnected." screen about 3 (or was it 4?) hours later.

*inscribes "Lived" in his Big Book Of Bad Apples and Other Rotten Things*
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

un4

I like to do aggro dumps on people who piss me off.  The part I miss is preparation - I can only do it once every five minutes now  ]:D
un4

Kaethdorala

Yeah people like that just ruin the game for us all with there negative attitude and the way they play. Also why does it seem that everyone who is so called "end game" guild is a jerk or an elitist who thinks there better than everyone. It seems like that almost in all games most of the people who "think" there good are really just jerks with there heads up there bums.  ;D

Emmalina

Eh, I'd hesistate to classify all end-game people as jerks or elitist; I've run in to my fair share that I've had pleasant experiences with. I think you'll get a bad cross-section of any demographic, but a lot of the bigger guilds have more eyes on them which may inflate the bad reputations and such.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Tankgrl

Just in case you you guys don't already know how much I love you guys...I was ready to quit wow before I found this guild. This guild has awesome positive happy go lucky people who rock the bosses! I never want to be put through another pug again. I'm sorry you had to go through that Shadow. The Bliz should come up with some sort of rating system, with comments like ebay has, on players so we know who to keep an eye out for. That would really help find players worth doing pugs with.  Keep rocking the Bosses!

<3

Tank

un4

un4

Jandris

You would think after reading this thread and from having personal experience in PUG groups that I would know better. Apparently not. I answered a fellow guildie's call for a healer, when I joined I saw that there was already a pally in the group. Good two healers, this would work out since the other three were one warrior and two hunters. Wrong. I came to the conclussion that (except for my guild mate) that these people must have bought their accounts. They had no idea what they were doing and refused to take direction even though we both tried to explain not to pull mult mobs at once. The second pally (in T1 no less) refused to heal anyone but himself  and then only if necessary. It finally ended for us when I was rezing after a wipe and saw the second pally rezing too - - - with goblin jumper cables!! He then pulled two groups of mobs down on us saying "I have turned into my evil twin lol"  I can now die a happy women because I have seen it all.

Shadowwolf

Was this that awful UBRS run I heard about?
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Jandris

The run I was talking about was in DM north.

Arcdelad

holy crap thats terrible...wow

tank: you are really awesome...we enjoy having you tremendously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!