Suggested FuBar Replacement

Started by Shadowwolf, November 14, 2010, 02:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

If you use FuBar like I did for displaying info on your screen, similar to Titan Panel, I suggest you look at replacing the addon with one called Bazooka. The reason to replace FuBar is because the author has made it pretty clear they dont really feel like updating it too much more and that there wont be any revamp of the code to clean up any problems or inefficiencies. Basically how FuBar is now is what it was designed for in BC and has only really been patched to allow it to work in WotLK. Because of that, a lot of other addon authors arent planning to create modules for it anymore and the ones who have arent planning to really update existing ones too much.

For those of you dreading the thought of having to reconfigure another addon again having gotten Fubar to look like you want, I can say that this is SOOOO much easier to config than FuBar. Its easy drag and drop and just so simple. Took me about 10 minutes to configure it exactly as I wanted it.

Ive added Bazooka to our download section here:

http://www.twilightonalex.com/downloads/addons/bars/196-bazooka/

You can find some plugins for it here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=108&sb=lastupdate&so=desc&pt=f
http://www.wowace.com/addons/?category=data-broker
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/?category=data-broker

Also, if you have some FuBar modules you want to use with it, you can by also downloading this addon:

Fubar2Broker
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Here are some LDB/Broker modules for the old commonly used FuBar ones. This should save some folks the time to hunt down suitable replacements for the FuBar ones.

Some of the outside the norm ones I use you might find handy:

"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tony

okay, so I installed Bazooka, then Fubar2Broker, then all the modules, but I cant seem to see any of those modules in the bar. Am i doing it wrong?

after following the link for Fubar2Broker, I read this...

QuoteNOTE: Many FuBar plugins require an actual addon named "FuBar" to load as a dependency, and will refuse to load if it is not present. Use this miniature FuBar stub to make them work with FuBar2Broker!

Also note that even with the fake FuBar stub installed, some plugins still won't load because they are flagged as Load-on-Demand. F2B does not currently handle loading LoD plugins (because such functionality is currently over my head) so you will have to edit their .TOC file to remove the load on demand requirement.

still not seeing the modules you suggested

I can see them in my addons list at log on, but they dont show up in the bar or in the options menu of Bazooka...

Shadowwolf

You only need Fubar2Broker installed if you are using old Fubar modules with Bazooka. The ones listed above are native for Bazooka.

They should show up if the Bazooka bar is showing. If everything is installed right and enabled it should just work. You might have to go into the Bazooka options and turn the modules on but that shouldnt be necessary on a first install.

I think something else is going wrong if you dont see anything.

Tony

This is what I am seeing. As you can see, they are installed in my addon folder and showing up in my addon config. However, they are not showing up in the Bazooka config. Also attatched a SS of my addon folder.

Tony

Okay, this is what is happening. I am able to get them all running if I log in, then /rl and everything shows up. Do I need to have the addon FuBar installed to have this working right?

Shadowwolf

Looks like its a load on demand issue with those older FuBar modules. You could either replace them with the ones I listed above or try using ACP.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/acp/

I use ACP and that seems to have loaded them every time just fine when I was messing around with them.