Insane Axe

Started by Kaethdorala, January 30, 2007, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaethdorala

http://www.wowguru.com/gallery/view/1859.jpg

A friend showed this to me. I can't believe it cause thats just to insane.

Genoism

something fishy here :p could be wrong though

Gutboy

The story is that it was datamined out of Illidan's loot table, which means we'll never see it anyway.  :(

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Shadowwolf

That instance doesnt exist yet, so either they are on a Beta somewhere or they just got lucky finding the item code for it and lookup. From the looks of the screen cap with him whispering himself, thats what he was doing. Linking items via code seeing what was linkable and what would DC him. Yea im sure it probably exists, if its acquirable now no, and im sure itll be a royal pain to get via a long quest chain as most legendary items are, especially considering it will more than likely be started from a drop off Illidan. They added at least 2-3 new legendary items to BC at the moment and supposedly more are to follow so I dont doubt that this Axe is on the list of coming soon =)

Im not sure about what you mean about we'll never see it, Illidan will be either a 10-25 person Raid, they havent made it official yet so why wouldnt we be able to have a chance to see this?
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

un4

Vengeance

i agree, this doesnt seem quite right...

Shadowwolf

Why wouldnt it though? Think about how many things in the game can already make you immune to fear for some classes. Priests with the Fear Ward, granted its 1 charge but its only got a 20sec cooldown to recast, plus a Shaman with a Grounding Totem cant be feared as the totem takes the fear, Warriors with Death Wish activated, the list goes on.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

I agree with the point you made that everyone is glossing ver shadow...why wouldnt we be able to take down illidan one day? weve taken down so many other people that most other guilds cant take down, that I have to believe given time we can take down anything...

Vengeance

yeah...but a weapon with that plus around 700health and a ton of AP? not to mention the big +crit on it

Shadowwolf

When Illidan hits you, im pretty sure itll be for a ton more than 700hp and hes probably going to have oodles of more HP himself where a few crits off anyone wielding that axe wont make much a difference not to mention he's probably going to have more for people to worry about aside from fear.

Lets also not forget that there is a future instance planned called "Battle for Mount Hyjal" where we will have to fight Archimonde (part of the Caverns of Time quests, but yet to be in place) as well as Lady Vashj (understudy of Queen Azshara). The level of bosses up and coming pales in comparison to what you guys have experienced to this point. Theres even been talk of having an instance of all Naga in the Malestrom (that swirl in the world map) where we have to fight Queen Azshara herself.

Muridin

but would the lore fit around that? i mean, it doesnt state anywhere that Azshara survived the great sundering... and if she did, she mightve lost her sanity ....

Shadowwolf

She did, she survived and became a Naga, in fact shes queen of the Naga. She resides in an underwater city in that swirling mass on the map. Theres talk of them putting in a dungeon there soon either in a patch or in the next expansion.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Queen_Azshara

dharq

Yeah, don't forget also that some time last year they started developing the Murloc lore to support this as well. I forget the exact link, but it's somewhere on the Blizz website. Much of the information is in wowwiki as well.

Vengeance

LOL murloc lore, hahaha
uh oh..read the history of Illidan and it says he might flee when he is close to death, leaving a chest taht is lootable, or something like that...and when the lvl cap gets high enough, Blizzard is going to introduce Arthas

Genoism

Quote from: Muridin on January 31, 2007, 09:45:19 PM
but would the lore fit around that? i mean, it doesnt state anywhere that Azshara survived the great sundering... and if she did, she mightve lost her sanity ....

if lore can support my space-cow warrior then lore can support zerg too!