New Strategies for PVP

Started by Darkling, February 14, 2007, 12:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocknlock

Only probs I ever have on my rogue when fighting a lock is if they're maybe over 13k hp or if oe of my stuns doesn't work. Majority of rogues I see in bg's are ShS spec'd, so getting away from them is next to impossible. A good rogue will have crippling poison on their OH weapon to apply with shiv everytime. I always use wound poison on MH and crip. on OH. Also if they're smart, knowing they're going to attack a geared lock, they will save their shadowstep for after they get death coiled or howled away.  

Trinketing after CS isn't a bad idea either. It would neglect them of their time to damage you and force them to either use their KS early (without a full 5cp stun unless the rogue has premeditation) while you're still close to max hp or use blind to resteath. Maybe get a dot or two off as well, which I'd let tick until my stun was about to wear off and the clos. When the rogue is cloaked, I'd be running and death coil once it wore off and dot/drain. Wouldn't bother fearing after a coil since the rogue can trinket out or use racial if they are undead. Just keep renewimg the dots and draining. If drain is kicked, I'd run again and use my hs till I could drain again.

un4

I've been having a lot of fun with ambush.  It makes life easier when you only have to kill someone from 40-60% health.
un4

usonian

One of the best talents I've seen added to the Assassination Tree for WotLK is Deadly Brew.  It gives you a 50/100% (when talented) to add another poison when your poison procs (instant adds deadly, wound adds crippling, mind-numbing adds crippling).  So you can have mind-numbing on your MH, wound on your OH and have full stacks of both of them WITH crippling poison.  Pair that with Infectious Poisons and there is a 50/100% chance that if they are healed the poison affects the healer.

Hello Mutilate.

Belandand

I agree  that combat doesn't cut it for arena. Thats why I have a pvp set and what not. Gems might be wrong, but seeing as how I don't arena often, I'll just hold on to my money. And yes, sub is the way to go for arena. Dare I also suggest mutilate (sounds like it would be fun). The post I wrote is trictly from a bg pvp point of view. I tend to shy away from arenas because my connection isn't that great :(

Trismus

Mutilate is fantastic in select situations, I.E. having a healer with a mana pool the size of the pacific ocean, or partnering with another rogue. The combo point generation is enormously fast, the dps burst is huge, and having 120 energy allows for mut/mut which, if they both crit, means that you can easily put out 6-8k damage in the span of a single GCD.

The downside is that you have no enhanced stealth, stealth speed, detection, no prep, no premed, no shadowstep, no 1.5 min. blind CD, and not as much ArP/AP. It's slower and more careful of a playstyle then ordinary 20/0/41 shs but the potential damage done can annihilate someone in a heart beat. It's not uncommong for me to kill someone before Kidney Shot wears off if they aren't in primarily s3/4. Also, having 5/5 VP and improved Expose Armor means that you can tear warriors apart.

I would like to say that I use the 41/20/0 mut build. 41/0/20 or 43/0/18 is also acceptable, but I feel that it misses out on the dps, which is the primary reason for speccing mut in the first place. Also, having imp. gouge is practically mandatory to make the build work.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.