Fire Totems Kill

Started by Shadowwolf, May 08, 2008, 01:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

If you get nailed on a lowbie or bank alt by a Fire Nova totem anywhere, please make sure you look at the log and report the person. Its a 3hr ban on the first offense and a 72hr ban for further offenses.

Basically what happens is a Shaman casts Fire Nova totem then immediately logs out making the totem neutral where it can then do damage to any faction players.

You can look through your logs to see who cast it to know who to report. To see who, you usually have to look at the "Everything" setting of the combat log and look for an entry as shown.

[attachimg=1]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Gutboy

First saw it two days ago. Tesoista from Inv*ctus. Reported.

It seems to be catching on:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6286602913&sid=1

GB
(told the GM, "many bank alts died to bring you this information."  ;))

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

LastDyingBreath

hey we have to get our HKs somehow, don't hate.

Nasanna

Using them to kill horde?

I was thinking about the level 1 gold spammers in SW...  :Fire Elemental:

Fleecy

I was killed on my lock in SW....she's lvl 40 got hit with a  :Fire Elemental:  then with a debuff from Kazz

Luise

Quote from: Gutboy on May 08, 2008, 02:33:11 PM
(told the GM, "many bank alts died to bring you this information."  ;))

ROFL Gut!  :)

Air

Quote from: Fleecy on May 08, 2008, 04:02:44 PM
I was killed on my lock in SW....she's lvl 40 got hit with a  :Fire Elemental:  then with a debuff from Kazz

Thats the new Pally bomb.  ]:D
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Shadowwolf

Its amazing how dense people are in thinking they are "innocent" with using this exploit.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6440984111&sid=1

I love how its an excuse of "im only killing spammers, thats why I do it". Let me go rob a bank then and when I get caught or arrested ill just tell them that "i needed the money". It amazes me people think they can cover up asinine behavior and justify it with a "noble" cause.

A simple right-click "Report Spam" on the name solves the issue and doesn't inconvenience anyone on a low level bank alt.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

ROFL! I love this person's reply...

QuoteIs it so hard for people to understand why Vrak went through this entire post removing the offending spells name? Okay: If you were posting in another topic, say... About battle tactics? If you used the name of the spell there? it'd be fine. Using it in here in cotext with an exploit around it? Not so fine.

It's the same principle as common household chemicals. it's fine to talk about them all you want. But if you start talking about specific ones mixed together in specific amounts... You might find yourself with a little difficulty.

Having said that: I know what the exploit is. I've known about it for some time. How many times have I used a <Fuzzy, cross-eyed kitty>* to kill my own faction in the exploitive way? Zero. Zilch. Nada. Why have I not used the fun glitch surrounding the <words that rhyme with orange>* for the glitch? Three reasons:

(1) I'm not an twit with the sense of humor of a pickled herring.
(2) It's not funny or clever to use a <Lancre army knife>* to kill people because you're one of the people described in (1)
(3) It's an exploit, it's a suspendable/bannable offense and I'm not willing to put my account at risk just because people who normally spend their time trolling /trade do it for kicks.

So the end result is this, folks...

<Rancid Noodles>*. Just say no.

*The edits in this post are dedicated to our CSF team who have shown me that even edited text can make you smile. :) "Love is what seperates us from animals "
"No, Lister. What seperates us from animals is that we don't use our tongues to clean our own genitals. "

- Lister & Rimmer
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.