Loathab Video

Started by Arcdelad, December 10, 2008, 07:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Here is a high def and low def version of the Loatheb fight....I think if we get killing the spores perfected this is a super easy fight. We got him down to 25% on our second attempt with only 9 people, and the missing 10th was DPS....

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/42292-naxxramas-loatheb.html

JohnnieRat

On another boss note... i just watched the 4horsemen video. Ret pallies tank there?!

Haderach

yeah thats what i saw last night arc, as long as we dont kill spores early, we have that fight

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Lynette

After the first wipe, I started timing a 3-stacked LB on the MT based on a suggestion by Shadow.  I also would Wild Growth the meelee dps (which we had a ton of last night) and throw out an occasional nourish (or other HOT) on another group member.  Besides anticipating the healing window, there is a fair amount of downtime for healers. 

It might make sense for healers to also help with dps a bit right after the 17-sec debuff is cast, as I had a ton of mana during this fight.  Also, range should move in as close as they can so they get the benefit of AE heals being cast on the MT and meelee dps.

JohnnieRat

Sacred Shield, the pally reactive 500 pt shield, does not proc off of AoE ticks in the nature of Loatheb's from that I noticed.

Lynette

Gonna try the following routine tomorrow night for druid healing, counting down the 17-sec debuff:

12 sec remaining: Lifebloom 1 on Main Tank
10 sec: LB 2 on MT
8 sec: LB 3 on MT

3 sec: Rejuvenation P2
1.5 sec: Nourish on P2
0 sec: (Nourish heals P2 ... ~2.2K)

-1 sec: Wild Growth on MT/Meelee/Self (2 ticks @ ~600 heal per tick up to 5 raid members ... ~6K max heal)
-1 sec: (LB heals MT ... ~3K)

-2 sec: Swiftmend P2 (Applies remaining Rej on P2 ... ~1.5K heal)

The above assumes latency is solid.  It also does not take into account any crit heals.  P2 is any other player - can be MT, myself ... really any player assigned to me or someone in need of xtra healing.  Also, Nature's Swiftness can allow for a ~4K heal every 3 minutes to be applied in the 3-sec healing window without disrupting the sequence.

Tolwen